Tied

I woke up to numbness in my arms and legs. The more awake I became, the more pain I felt in them. My neck hurt really badly when I moved it and I still couldn't get my vision to focus. It was cold, but I barely felt it. My feet were on what felt like concrete and my hands were in the air. I tried to move them but was restricted. I realized what was going on and started to panic.

I pulled on the ropes binding my hands together, trying to set myself free. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I screamed out for someone to help me. Splinters dug further into my wrist the more I struggled. I looked around frantically for someone in the room and let out a sigh of relief when I saw no one here.

I continued to pull harder on the ropes until my wrist was bleeding. Drops started to soak into the ropes and down my arms. My neck started to hurt more as I looked up at the ropes.

I jumped when I heard something metal hit metal. I looked over towards the sound and found a bunch of sharp tools on a metal table. I looked around the concrete room and saw no signs of life. I started to cry louder and tug harder.

I jumped and froze when I felt big, warm hands on my bare waist.

"Shh, shh, shh. Quiet now, we don't want to wake the people sleeping upstairs." Erebus whispered in my ear. I looked down and found myself only in my white bra and boy shorts. I shivered as his hands continued to run up and down my back. He planted kisses along my neck.

"Does this bring up painful memories, Brianne?" Erebus was taunting me. I shook my head no.

"You can tell me no all you want; I know what happened that day. I can see the fear in your eyes." Erebus circled around me until he was standing in front of me. He looked me up and down, then grabbed my waist and pulled me roughly against him. The movement scratched the wounds on my wrist and I cried out.

Erebus smiled darkly and glanced at my lips. "You're lucky this time. Next time you try something, you won't be. Do you understand?" I nodded my head.

Erebus reached up and took the rope off of the hook, momentarily lifting me up. I fell on the cold concrete floor and cried out when I landed on my side. Erebus leaned down and picked me up. We left the room, and I didn't bother fighting him.

When we got to my room, he opened my door and set me gently down on my bed. He walked into the walk in closet and came out a second later with some clothes. He walked towards me and I instinctively backed away. Erebus raised his hands in the air and then slowly put the clothes down. He gestured toward my tied hands and walked closer until he was sitting on the bed in front of me.

He grabbed my arms gently and pulled them towards himself. He used nimble fingers to untie to ropes and drop them on the ground. He peered into my eyes and held me in his captivating gaze. I grabbed my wrist gently to wake them up more, and his eyes flickered to the wounds there. I saw an unrecognizable emotion there.

He suddenly got up and handed me my clothes. He reached out his hand to help me up and I took it. He turned around and stood there with his hands behind his back. "Let me know if you need help." His voice was serious and carried no hint of sarcasm or amusement. I quickly put on the tank top and sweatpants (black of course. Eye roll) and sat back down on the bed.

Erebus walked towards the bathroom and turned around when he noticed I wasn't following him. "Come on; let me help clean you up."

I got up slowly, watching him watch me as I moved about in the room. I walked slowly to the bathroom and he stepped aside so I could walk in. I sat down on the cold toilet seat lid and watched Erebus grab gauze, alcohol, and a tube.

Erebus grabbed a stool from under the sink and sat in front of me. He grabbed my arms gently and poured alcohol on the wounds before I knew what was happening. I gasped in pain and Erebus looked into my eyes. "Sorry."