Breakfast

Over the next few hours, I tried to talk to Olivia and get to know more about her. I didn't get much out of her but what I already know. She kept her guard up and was tense. She barely showed any emotion when I tried to talk to her. She was really good at keeping to herself; I guess she has been like this for a while. Knowing this place, I would be too.

She wandered aimlessly around my room. She muttered something about me having a nicer room and made a mental note to fix that too.

She finally left my room after sometime, telling me goodnight. I put a black tank top and shorts on and lay in my bed for a while: staring at my ceiling. After what felt like hours, I slipped out of my bed and made my way to the kitchen downstairs.

The kitchen was empty when I walked in. I found the fridge and grabbed a water bottle them rummaged through the cabinets for a honey bun.

"Princess?"

I gasped and jumped around to face the man standing in the doorway. It was Ace. His arms were crossed against his chest. His eyebrow arched with a cocky smile on his face as he checked out my attire. He took a few steps forward and stopped when the back of my hips met the marble counter. He continued to walk closer to me and grabbed my arm as I bee-lined away from him.

He pulled me roughly against his chest and smiled down at me. I growled at him to let go.

"Are you ready now?"

"What do you mean?"

"You said that you would come to my boss when you were ready. Did you come willingly?"

"Wait, Erebus is your boss?"

"Of course, but you can't tell anyone that."

"Why are you here?"

"To see you of course. You got me in trouble, Princess. I was supposed to bring you in. But Erebus says that he used power that didn't need to be used just to get you here. It would've been easier if I forced you here."

"I didn't really come here willingly either." I seethed.

"Now, now, you don't have to be so mean. I haven't seen you in a while. I missed you." Ace pushed his body closer to mine until the counter bit into my lower back. I hissed in pain.

"I didn't miss you. Let me go. You're hurting me."

"No." He rested his hands on the counter next to my hips and leaned closer until our faces were inches apart. I placed my hands on his chest to attempt to push him away but turned my face away from him when he didn't move.

I spotted a few knives in a wooden holder as Ace grabbed my chin and forced me to look him in the eye. I took the advantage and relaxed my body against his and spread my arms out on the counter: reaching for the knives to the right of me. I ran my left hand through his short, dark locks and trailed a finger down his strong jaw: gazing into his bright greenish- grey eyes. I never really noticed how gorgeous he was until now. His body was perfectly sculpted but caused me more pain the more he pushed me against the counter. I hissed in pain.

I found a little plant sitting on the island behind Ace and channeled my energy towards it. Vines sprouted from the pot and climbed down the island and on the floor before climbing back up the counter and wrapping itself around the hilt of a knife and soundlessly making its way towards my outstretched arm. I grabbed the knife and let the vines fall away before pointing it at Ace.

"Lasciate andare me." <Let go of me.> I growled the words at him.

Ace looked at me with anger in his eyes. His eyes were traveling to the knife and back to me. He looked as if he was going to explode.