Truths

We were all currently sitting in the large family room in silence. I was sitting next to my Aunt Maggie to the left of me, Rachel next to her, and Lucas to the other side of me. His arm was thrown casually over my shoulder, his fingers drawing little circles in my skin, making me shiver. He chuckled every time.

Every time I looked over at Alma, all I saw was defeat, anger, and betrayal. I felt bad for her, but I knew she doesn't like sympathy, so I didn't show it.

Dimitri, or recently known as Alec, had been sitting next to Olivia the whole time. He chose a seat that was within reach of Alma too. He knows he messed up; I just hope he's willing to fix it.

"I guess I have a lot to explain." Dimitri finally broke the silence.

"You think?" Alma said in a sarcastic tone.

"Look, baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't want to lie to you about this, about anything. But I had to." Dimitri moved his body to face hers and reached his hand out to touch hers.

"You had to?! Dovevi a?! Non puoi aspettarmi che accetti questa scusa! Come osi!" <You had to?! You can't expect me to accept that excuse! How dare you!> Alma yelled and moved away from Dimitri's touch.

"Why don't you start from the beginning?" I asked him.

Dimitri nodded his head and relaxed back into his chair. "Our parents died when we were little. I took care of Olivia for a while before I asked Erebus for a favor. He sought us out and answered our prayers, but he asked for something in return, and I couldn't pay him back. When he found out that I couldn't repay him, he took Olivia. I've been searching for years for Olivia and... our parents."

I saw Olivia look at him like he had lost it. "What do you mean? I thought you just said that they died?" I asked.

"I found out later in life that our parents didn't die. The one's who raised us weren't our parents."

"T-then who a-are they?" Olivia sobbed quietly.

"First, I have to tell you something, Olivia... we are Gods."

I swear everyone in the room gasped. Olivia's eyes widened and I saw Alma sit down, defeated, on the sofa. "I'm sorry, what did you say?" Olivia asked.

"We are Gods. And we've all met our Father."

"Who is it?" Lucas asked.

"Erebus is our father. And Nyx is our mother."

"You've got to be kidding me." Alma muttered.

I heard Olivia gag and bend over as if she was gonna puke. I then remembered the strange relationship that they had.

"Erebus tried to make multiple moves on Olivia, but she always refused. He would try to force himself on her. I knew I felt something between them, but I couldn't place it." I said.

"Gods are known for courting their own family to procreate. It's very disturbing, but that is their nature."

"Erebus used to call me by another name. When we were by ourselves he would call me Thanatos. Who is that?" Olivia said.

"That's your real name."

"Then what's your real name? Because with a name like mine, they wouldn't have named you a regular name like Alec."

"My real name is Hypnos, I'm the God of sleep."

"And I?"

"You're the Goddess of Death."