Dreams

That night, I cried myself to sleep. I didn't feel safe here, I felt safe in Lucas' arms. But he isn't here. I don't know how many times I've thought of him: his kisses, his love, just him.

My sleep was restless. I kept tossing and turning to try and get comfortable. My thoughts kept going back to the growling in the woods and why Ace was there.

I lay there in my temporary bed thinking about Lucas. And he was my last thought before I fell asleep.

***Lucas' P.O.V***

I woke up in a meadow. The breeze was refreshing and seemed to blow away all the stress inhabiting my body. The tall green grass caressed my legs and little flower petals of every color floated past me with the wind. The sun shone brightly in a baby blue sky: not a cloud in sight.

I saw baby deer and their family eating grass only a couple feet away, as if I wasn't there. Birds chirped as they perched on trees across the meadow. I had the sudden feeling to walk to the dark treeline.

I walked slowly, looking cautiously at the trees, but I knew I was safe here. Peace was the only feeling I had here.

I stopped where I was when I felt a powerful wave of love hit me. My heart jumped in my chest as I saw someone step out of the treeline. Brianne.

Her burgundy red hair flowed behind her as she walked towards me. The wind was blowing, but didn't ruffle the leaves that covered the more intimate parts of her body. She stopped when she saw me, then broke into a sprint with the biggest smile on her full lips.

I ran to her and our bodies collided with force. Her legs were wrapped around my waist and her arms wrung tight around my neck. She was crying into my shoulder as I held her up, showering kisses all over her skin.

I lowered us to the ground and continued to kiss her senseless. The tall grass only exposing the top of our heads. She had her legs and arms wrapped around me tightly still: afraid of letting me go, as if I would disappear if she let me go.

I trailed my hands up her back and grabbed hold of her face, I leaned back and looked into her eyes: tears still spilling out of them. It felt so good to look into her eyes again. I smiled at her and she smiled right back. I leaned in and kissed her on her full mouth.

She ran her fingers through my hair and tugged gently, earning her a growl as I crushed her against me. One hand traveled up her back and into her hair, while the other held her in place.

I felt her unwind her arms from my neck and push against my chest, making me lay back on the ground. I let her stay there for a minute before flipping her over and leaning above her. I looked into her now red tinged eyes and smiled.

"I missed you so much." Her voice sounded so sweet.

"I can tell." I chuckled as she blushed. "I missed you too baby."

"I need to get out of there."

"Where is 'there'?"

"Erebus' mansion or kingdom or whatever they want to call it. Some strange things are going on."

"Do you know where this place is?"

She looked down and shook her head. I grabbed her chin gently and made her look at me. "This isn't your fault."

"How is everyone?"

"We are working our butts off to try and find you. Merliene said that she was going to call in some favors and see if anyone knows anything. Maggie is still upset, but she is trying her best to help. Rachel is going all over the house, touching things to see if she gets any visions. But I don't think she will. Everyone is so upset. But I think I miss you most of all." I gave her a kiss on her swollen lips. "Who's been keeping you company over there? Are they treating you right? Have they hurt you?"

"No, no one has hurt me. But, like I said, there are some strange things going on there. Erebus seems to have this infatuation with a girl I met there. Her name is Olivia. She's kind of keeping me company, but she's hard to get through too. I don't blame her though. She's been there for seven years."

"Well, that's good. That he's leaving you alone I mean, no one has messed with us either. Abaddon isn't a threat at the mansion and Ace hasn't come around in a while."

"Erebus is Ace's boss." my eyes widened and she nodded her head. "Ace is living in Erebus' mansion. He won't leave me alone, but something almost attacked me in the woods last night and Ace was there to escort me back to the mansion."

"Did they let you walk out? Just like that?"

"Not exactly. I walked out but something was growling at me. Something screamed at me to go back to the mansion. But I need to get out of there. And fast, I don't know when I will shift. And I need to be gone when I do."

"Why?"

"Erebus spelled the mansion, if someone shifts inside the mansion walls, then they die. He says it's for his protection and he can sense when someone is about to shift. He told me that he would take me somewhere if I shift so I wont be harmed. I don't know if I can trust him though."

"Thank you for telling me baby." I rested my forehead against hers as tears filled her eyes. "We are doing everything we can to find you."

She nodded her head and pulled me down to kiss her again. She looked at me through hooded eyes. "Red suits you." She said.

"Red? I'm not wearing red."

"Your eyes, dork." She chuckled.

I had forgotten they changed the same color as hers. Merliene said it was the same shade as the sun in the underworld. "How are we seeing each other?" I asked.

"I used to come to this place for peace when Erebus first started taunting me. He can't get in here without permission. I don't think so at least. I don't know how he got here to talk to Persephone. But I was thinking about you as I fell asleep. And I think that's how we are here."

"We are doing this every night."

"Agreed." She chuckled.

We lay in each others arms: staring at the sky and, occasionally, each others eyes. This is the first time I've felt peace and happiness since shes been gone. I wanted to stay in this moment forever.

************

~Hades & Persephone