Anger

As soon as breakfast was done, I roughly pushed back my chair before leaving the room. I stomped up to my room and slammed my door. Huffing angrily, I started to pace my room. I wasn't going to let these men run my life. And it infuriated me to know that they were going to try.

I wouldn't have imagined that Ace was working with someone as powerful as a God. I just imagined that he was bluffing about having a boss. I just thought that he was crazy.

The more I thought, the more I got angry. I paced faster and more frantically before I finally grabbed the middle candlestick on the fireplace and launched it with a loud grunt.

A few minutes later, I had managed to calm down a little bit. I had pulled open my curtains and started to gaze outside; getting lost it its depths of beauty. When I heard my bedroom door open, I didn't bother to turn around.

"Va via." <Go away> I said.

I heard the door close and a lock being put in place; I still didn't turn around. "Sono stanco di giochi di gioco. Va via." <I'm tired of playing games. Go away> I told them one last time, making sure they heard the warning in my voice.

I started to growl when I heard heavy footsteps fall behind me. I turned around and looked into Ace's silver eyes. If you looked close enough, you could see green flecks in them. He smiled his usual cocky smile that irked me. Shivers trailed up my spine and his smile deepened in satisfaction. I glared at him as I walked around his perfect frame.

"I think I said leave me alone."

"Aw, now, don't be so butt hurt because I made you finish breakfast."

"Oh, I'm not. I'm furious that you constantly use people to get to me."

"Don't care for people so much, then it wouldn't be a problem."

"Then I would be like you."

He chuckled. "On the contrary, I do care for people."

"Yeah, when they have something you want."

"Just 'cause I said that I care for people doesn't mean that they are for good reasons."

I rolled my eyes and walked to my door, opening it and looking at Ace suggestively. "I got things to do. And I'm sure you have people to ruin, so up and at 'em."

"Maybe I want to spend time with my favorite Princess."

"Favorite huh? I knew there was more than one. But seriously, get out." I said flatly.

"You're the only one Princess."

I growled. "Smettila di chiamarmi così!" <Stop calling me that!> I yelled at him and drew in deep breaths. "Just leave, I'm not in the mood for you right now."

"Someone's hot when they're angry." I shot him a look and he raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, fine I'm leaving."

As soon as he left, I slammed the door. I huffed angrily and leaned against the door. I was tired of feeling helpless in this room, and I really wanted to go check on Olivia.

I opened the door and stuck my head out past the door frame and looked down both ends of the hallway to make sure no one was there. I walked out and shut my door quietly. I walked all the way down stairs and past the dining room to the direction where Olivia went during dinner.

I had no idea where her room was, but I thought I would ask any one that I saw. I continued to walk down a narrow hallway lined with a bunch of doors. I heard shouting in one room towards the end of the hallway and headed that way. The door was wide open and I stopped when I heard Erebus' voice in the room.

"Why do you continue to disobey and disrespect me?" I heard him say.

"Because you don't deserve my respect." I heard Olivia snap back.

"And why is that?"

"Because you took my life away!"

"He was not your life. He didn't deserve you."

"That's your opinion. You didn't know him."

"I knew enough."

I peeked inside the room and found Olivia up against the wall and Erebus' arms on either side of her head: trapping her against the wall. His face was inches away from hers, but she didn't seem fazed by it.

I walked inside of the room and stood there, watching them with my arms crossed. Erebus' must have felt my presence because he turned around and looked me in the eye. He sent a hard glare my way, and I sent an even harder one back. Erebus straightened up and looked at Olivia one more time before leaving.

I looked at Olivia and raised my right eyebrow. She sent me a look that said 'don't ask' and walked towards her bed.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it: just a misunderstanding. But I'm really tired; I would like to go to bed."

"Was he talking about your fiancé?"

"Look, I'm really tired and I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay, well, I just came to check on you, make sure you were okay. You sounded really upset at breakfast."

"Just a bad morning, that's all. I'm okay now, thank you."

"Alright, well, I'm going to bed now. Goodnight."

I told her goodnight and shut the door behind me as I walked out. I wandered the halls of the mansion and somehow found my way to the front door. I starred at it hesitantly before walking towards it slowly.

I reached my hand out and touched the doorknob: happy that no one stopped me when I turned it. I opened the door and was met with millions of stars littering a black sky. The snow on the ground seemed to glow because of the light of the full moon: casting shadows everywhere.

I stepped onto the front porch and descended the short, half circle staircase and stepped onto the white ground. Snow fell lightly around me as I walked further away from the house. I had the feeling that someone was watching me but I didn't care.

I noticed that I couldn't hear my footsteps and looked down to find that I didn't have any. I stepped on the ground, but I didn't have any footprints that were left behind in the snow.

I walked further onto a lone trail that led into a dark forest. I could practically see the shadows dancing in the distance. As I walked further into the woods, I started to feel someone's eyes on me; watching my every move. I walked a little faster but stopped dead in my tracks when I heard a twig snap. I looked around, conjuring my shifter side so I could see well.

When I saw no one, I turned around and started to head back to the mansion. It was hard for me to listen to footsteps since there weren't any here. I sped up my pace when I heard a low growl. I looked back at the sound and crashed into something hard. I screamed as I fell to the ground.

"Princess?"

I looked up and calmed down immediately when I saw it was Ace. He wasn't the preferred person to find out here, but he was better than no one.

"Oh, it's just you." I put my hand over my speeding heart and took a deep breath.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just- take me back inside please."

He nodded his head and reached a hand down to help me up. I clung to him as we walked back into the mansion. As soon as we entered the house, I bolted up to my room: feeling Ace's gaze on me the whole time.

************

~Hades & Persephone