two

The following day, the first day of school, was a rainy day. Betty felt that the rain was a symbolic of her current mood, and it almost made her feel at ease. Archie hadn't texted or called her, which made her feel slightly disappointed. But, then again, what would he have to say? That he's sorry for walking Veronica home?

As she fixes her hair into her usual ponytail, she notices Archie looking through his bedroom window, which she can see through hers. She turns around, hands still tying her ponytail, and smiles at the ginger boy. He waves at her, then she hears her phone going off. Archie was calling.

"Hey Bets"

"Hi Archie."

"Do you want me to walk you to school?"

"Of course, we've been doing it since forever."

"See you in ten?"

"Sounds good. Talk to you later, Archie."

She hangs up her phone, a slight blush coating her cheeks. And after everything that Jughead had told her the night before, she still was hopeful.

After applying a normal amount of makeup, she decided on a hot pink lipstick, which was her favourite. And, despite the rain, she and Archie walked to school together.

"So, Are you excited for junior year?" Archie asks, as the two walk down the street at a slow pace. "Of course, Arch. Have you met me?" She giggles, trying to look as enticing as possible. "I never asked you, how was your internship this summer?"

"Amazing, to say the least. I love writing. I'm so glad that I had such an amazing opportunity." She smiles, then adjusts her rain jacket, a simple baby blue one which went perfectly with her outfit. "How was working for your dad?" She asks, directing her attention to him. "It was... good I guess. Lots of heavy lifting. It helped me get into shape, which was nice." Betty nods, looking ahead of them to see their high school, a fairly small one, compared to other schools she's seen in cities.

Riverdale was small, they didn't need a huge high school. Even the mall in the small town was tiny, and hardly had any good shops. Of course, Betty often shopped at the mall, but had been to much larger malls too. Everything in Riverdale was at a small scale. Quiet, quaint, and drama free. That was before Jason Blossom was murdered on the Fourth of July.

The two teenagers arrive at their school, Archie immediately being greeted by his friends from the football team, Chuck Clayton, and Reggie Mantle. Betty continued inside, closing her wet umbrella and making a beeline for her locker. Once she puts all of her books inside, she closes the door, only to be startled by her best friend, Kevin Keller. "Bets! I have some hot gossip for you." He quips, raising his eyebrows in his normal sassy manner.

"And what might that be?" Betty asks, shifting her calculus book from one hand to another. "There's a new girl!" Kevin announces, and Betty simply blinks. "Well, that's a first. Kev I already met her, last night. Archie likes her." She sighs, then looks to her right to see Jughead coming their way. "Archie what? He's known you since you were 6 years old! And he's known her for... not even 24 hours?" Kevin gawks, rolling his eyes. Jughead approaches the duo, a frown on his face. "Please don't tell me we're talking about Archie again. Bets, I already told you that he doesn't deserve you. You deserve someone wonderful." Kevin's eyes shift between the two, obviously wondering why Betty hasn't noticed yet.

Jughead Jones likes Betty Cooper. And Betty was too infatuated with Archie to even realize.

Word Count: 615

A/N
Second chap! Woooooo!

Make sure to vote + comment, and I'll choose a "comment of the chapter" and dedicate the chappie to people. Have a lovely day loves!

SOCIAL !!!
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/troyestoes

Twitter: @tronnorlovely