three

A/N
Hello lovely readers! Welcome to chapter three! Honestly this chapter is so fluffy and makes me so so happy. But what I wanna talk about is this week's episode of riverdale. OMG, first of all. Jughead and Betty are way too cute, I died at the kiss at the trailer park. The scene was so pretty and honestly they're just so cute. The baby shower was so cute too!! Archie being jealous pissed me off though, honestly Betty has moved on but it makes sense, you always want what you can't have!!

The Bughead narrative in my fic will be different than in the show because I want it to be unique. I'll probably change up the Polly/Jason narrative, who knows. Most of the other plots will be similar or the same as the show, but I don't want to be one of those stories that copies the show word for word.

Anyways, enjoy this part!!

Dear Diary,
I lay awake at night thinking of him, though I know that he surely doesn't think of me.

The first week of school was long, emotional, and tiring. By Friday, Betty was looking exhausted as ever, walking in that morning wearing her hair in a bun rather than her usual ponytail. The bags under her eyes were not concealed, but her outfit was still cute as ever.

"Hey Juggie." Betty smiles at her friend, sitting beside him on the couch in the student lounge. "You look beat, Bets, are you okay?" He asks, obviously concerned about her. "Yeah, just tired." She yawned. "Aw, well at least it's the weekend, maybe you'll get a good sleep." Jughead suggests, putting an arm behind Betty on the back of the couch. "I doubt it. My parents are out of town, and Polly is still in the group home. I doubt my mother will let her come home anytime soon." Jughead sighs, wishing he could help her.

***

That night, Betty lays awake in her bed, but she can't sleep. Every tiny sound she heard startled her, and she found herself shaking in her bed, dialling Jughead's number.

"J-Juggie. I need you." She cries, wiping fiercely at her tired eyes, trying to calm herself down. She continues to shake as Jughead tries to calm her down over the phone. "Shhh it's going to be okay. I'll be there soon. I promise." Jughead promises her as he puts back on his clothes and shuts off the light in his bedroom. He gathers his backpack and puts on his signature crown beanie.

He tiptoes past his father, passed out on the couch with a bottle of beer in hand. "I'm coming Betty." Jughead promises one last time, ending the call and getting on his bike. Luckily, Betty's house wasn't too far from the trailer park where he lived. He arrives at her house fairly quickly, and runs across her front yard.

Betty is sitting on the bench by her window, in the dark. She sees Jughead grabbing the ladder from the shed in her yard, and placing it against the house. He climbs up quickly, then pulls the ladder up into the house and folds it. "J-Juggie, thank you. Thank you so much." Betty sobs, wrapping her arms around Jughead. "I'd do anything for you, Bets." He whispers, rubbing her back slowly. "C-can you stay please?" She begs, looking into his eyes, lower lip wobbling. "Of course, whatever you need." He confirms, closing her window and taking off his backpack. She moves to her bed, patting the right side of the bed, biting her bottom lip.

Jughead pulls off his shoes and his shirt, sitting down on the bed, shirtless. He wears only his joggers and his hat. "C'mere." He pulls Betty into his chest, and pulls the covers over them. "Thank you Juggie." She whispers, running her finger down his chest. "You're welcome, Betty. You know that Archie wouldn't do this. He's no good, Bets." He reminds her. "I know, Juggie." A tear falls from her eye, and her lower lip wobbles. "Don't cry." He whispers, moving a hand up to stroke the back of her head. "Why do I have to love Archie Andrews. Of all of the boys I could love in the world. It had to be him." She cries. "He doesn't deserve you." Jughead promises her, continuing to stroke her back. "You need some sleep." He whispers, trying to calm her down. "Y-yeah." She whispers, looking up at Jughead, then giggling. "What's so funny?"

"You're just really cute, that's all." She giggles, then turns her body so she is facing away from Jughead. "Spoon me?" She asks. "Of course, little spoon." He giggles, then kisses her shoulder. "Thank you Jughead." She grabs his hand, then brings it to her lips and kisses it. He wraps his arms tightly, protectively around her. "I'll never let anyone hurt you again."

Word Count: 662

A/N
Third chap! Hope you all enjoyed it! If you didn't read my A/N at the beginning of the chappie, I suggest you do! This week's ep of riverdale kILLED ME. Yeah it wasn't overly exciting but all the bughead content had me dead!! Also WONDERCON. Sprousehart is alive and well, and that makes me so happy.

Should I make a playlist for this book? On Spotify obviously, and there would be 1 or 2 songs per chap

Should I make a playlist for this book? On Spotify obviously, and there would be 1 or 2 songs per chap. Let me know what you think of thaaaaaat!

Make sure to vote + comment, and I'll choose a "comment of the chapter" and dedicate the chappie to people. Have a lovely day loves!

SOCIAL !!!
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/troyestoes

Twitter: @tronnorlovely