seven

Polly, Jughead, and Betty all sit together in the living room. "So, Polly, where do you plan on staying?" Polly paused, looking down at her bump. "Well, I can't stay in town. If mom finds out I'm here, she'll freak." Betty nodded. "Before Jason... died... he and I were going to run away together, to a farm just outside of Riverdale. Can you guys take me there?" Betty and Jughead look to each other, pondering the thought.

Luckily, Betty's parents had left the car, so the three piled into the car with Polly in tow. "Are you sure that this is what you want?" Betty asks, looking over at her sister. "I've never been more sure of anything. I can't have these babies born into a family that hates them." And with that, Betty's mouth falls open. "Wait, babies? There's more than one?" Polly simply nods.

"It's twins. They run in Jason's family." She smiles lightly, thinking of Jason. She misses him every day, and thinks of him every day. They arrive at the farm, which looks more like a bed and breakfast. "This is beautiful." Betty whispers, and Jughead agrees with her. "It's a friend's family farm." Polly informs them.

Jughead pulls Polly's bags from the car, and helps carry them into the main house. Betty walks with Polly, wishing they had more time together. "How will I contact you?" Betty asks. "You can come and visit any time." Polly answers. "Once these babies are born, you can come visit me, and we can decide if mom and dad should meet them then."

Betty agrees with Polly, and hugs her goodbye. "I'll come back next weekend." She whispers. She pulls away from the hug, and Jughead comes over to Polly. "Let us know if you need anything." He offers, smiling at her. "Will do." She winks at Betty, who only blushes in return. "I love you Polly." And with that, Jughead and Betty leave the farm.

"I hope she'll be happy and safe here." Betty says quietly, as the two drive away. "How about we go to Pop's. My treat." Jughead offers. "That sounds great, Jug." Betty smiles, and heads towards Pop's.

***

The two sit in their booth at Pop's, sharing a basket of fries and each drinking milkshakes. They were having a great time, until Archie and Veronica walk in, hand in hand. Betty immediately goes from her happy self to frowning and trying to avoid eye contact. "Hey Jug!" Archie calls, not noticing the blonde at first, but then comes closer to their table.

"Betty?" Archie smiles at his best friend. "Hey Arch." Betty smiles sheepishly, and glances towards Veronica, who wears a tight black dress. "Hi Veronica." Betty says. "Hey Betty!"

Veronica sits next to Betty, and Archie next to Jughead. "What are you two up to?" Archie asks. "Oh not much." Betty mumbles, looking to Jughead. "We've just been hanging out this weekend." Jughead answers for her. Archie looks confused at this. "Oh, really?" He raises an eyebrow.

"He's been keeping me company while my parents have been gone." Betty mutters. "Where did they go?" Archie asks. "Just in their yearly vacation, same as always. I had the house to myself and wanted to have someone around." She smiles at Jughead, who has a slight blush on his face.

"Archiekins, we should get going if we want to catch that movie." Veronica suggests, giving him a knowing look. "Of course." Archie agrees. "See you guys on Monday."

"Bye Archie."

A/N
Oh my goodness. So it's been a long time since I've updated. Yes this chapter was short, but I plan on making longer ones, don't you worry. Firstly, I want to say Rest In Peace Luke Perry. I honestly loved him so much on the show, and I still can't believe he's really gone. It doesn't feel real.

Also, if you're not up to date with Riverdale I'm not gonna spoil you but I just have to say that seeing Luke in the show just makes my heart ache. He was the definition of sunshine, he seemed like such a genuine and nice person and oh my gosh I'm gonna miss him on the show.

ANYWAYS. Let's leave this on a slightly happier note. Let's do a question of the chapter!!

What do you think will be done with Archie's dad on the show?