five

A/N
I am so sorry for how long it has been since the last chap! I have been incredibly busy with work, and when I'm not working, I'm sleeping! I finally got my shit together and wrote up a chapter for y'all! It's not super long but by this time next week I'll be off (booked the weekend off because I have a concert to go to) OH WONDER EYYY! Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this chap and next week I'll have a longer chap written up! Enjoy loves!

The evening following Polly's homecoming was spent catching up, eating good food, and even baking cupcakes. By the end of it all, Polly was tuckered out, so Betty had tucked her into bed. Jughead had went to pick up clean clothes for himself, and came back with new clothes and no hat on.

"Where's your hat, Juggie?" Betty asks as they clean the dishes. "Left it at home. I figured I didn't really need it." He smiled lightly, drying off the plate and adding it to the small pile. Betty nods slowly, and continues washing the dishes. "Do you want to watch a movie?" Betty asks, and Jughead nods his head quickly. "Someone's eager." She teases, then winks. "I just thought of the perfect movie, that's all." Jughead boasts.

"And what would that be?" Betty asks, cocking her head to the side. "Rebel without a cause, of course!" Jughead smiles, and Betty moves to grab her popcorn maker. "Popcorn?" She asks. "Always." Jughead answers. He begins putting away the dishes in their proper places, humming quietly. "Are you humming Livewire?" Betty asks, raising an eyebrow. "Oh Wonder? Yeah! I love them!" Jughead states matter-of-factly.

"Me too! Have you heard their new album?" Betty asks. "Of course!" Jughead replies. "They're the best." Betty whispers.

Later, the two sit on the couch, side by side. A bowl of popcorn sits between them, and every time their hands brush, Betty's blush gets a bit pinker and more prominent, but with the dim lights Jughead can hardly tell.

Word Count: 347

I'm so sorry this chap was so short! I just wanted y'all to have something to hold you over and to show that I'm still here and trying to write! Enjoy my loves!