Chapter 6

Olivia's P.O.V

"TEA!!!" The queen screamed.

Oh no, breakfast hasn't even started yet and she was stressed out. What happened.

"You better get out there sweetie, "Mary addressed me, "Jordan brought his play thing to breakfast."

Part of me wanted to laugh, but the other part of me wanted to cry. I stayed professional and did neither as I prepared the tea tray.

The queen was hyperventilating, Jordan had a bemused smile on his face, the twins looked disgusted, the king was embarrassed, Darren was disappointed, and the little blonde causing all the trouble seemed not to notice all of the negative reactions.

"Get her out of here now!" The queen screamed at Jordan.

The girl flinched.

"What your mother is trying to say is that we would like to be aware of any guests that are joining us prior to the meal," the king quickly clarified.

The girl scoffed, clearly fed up.

"Fine. If you want me gone I'll go," she countered in an annoying and high-pitched voice. "Come on Jordan."

All eyes turned to the youngest son. He got up and took the girl by her elbow, leading her to the door. A few seconds later, high-pitched, tantrum-like screams erupted as Jordan said a quick goodbye before slamming the door. I wondered where they were going until I saw him. He probably slammed the door in her face. I tried not to smile.

He sat down and ate his food as if nothing happened. Everybody looked at him with gaping mouths.

I cleared my throat in order to remind them I hadn't been dismissed, catching the whole table's attention, including Jordan's. They became angry that I had stayed.

"Great, now even the servant girl can witness what a joke this family is," Jordan muttered, earning himself a scowl from both of his parents.

His words stung. I was just a servant girl. It was true. I kept trying to be something I'm not, but I am who I am. I had to remember that, otherwise everything would hurt a lot worse like it did when Jordan so heartlessly said those words.

"You are dismissed," the queen finally said.

I ran to my room as soon as I was out of view from the dining room. I shut the door and quietly sobbed.

A long time later, Mary knocked at the door and came in. She held me close and rubbed my arm soothingly, hushing me gently as she rocked me. I was 17, but I felt like a mere child being consoled like that. I quickly wiped my tears and began my schedule- normally this time, starting with Jordan's room.

I knocked on his door, quite loudly so he would hear me if he was in there.

"Come in," a deep, smooth voice commanded.

I did as instructed. This time when I saw him, he was sitting on his bed watching cartoons on his large, flat-screen tv. I smiled at the thought that he still watched them. As kids, he would always sneak me up here with a bowl of popcorn and we would watch cartoons until Mary caught us and instructed me to get back to work before I got executed (jokingly). Jordan would always laugh at her finishing comment, but it would always seriously frighten me and I would run downstairs to work immediately. Every part of me wanted to go downstairs, grab a bowl of popcorn, and watch with him, but then I remembered the consequence that would ensue.

Seeing the rag in my hand, he instructed me to clean with him in the room. It didn't bother me that much and he didn't seem to notice me besides the occasional time where he would tell at me to get out of the way of the screen. It took me around five cartoons to finish.

When I looked back at him, he was looking at me intensely. How long had he been doing that, I thought. He seemed to be thinking about something in depth. Must be something serious.

Jordan's P.O.V

I watched her intently through most of her cleaning, one thought racing through my head: she's beautiful today.

She had defined curves that caught my attention whenever she bent to pick up piece of trash or clean a mess. She was much prettier than most of the girls I brought in here.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. What's wrong with me? She doesn't deserve my attention. In the end, I could only see the servant who broke my heart.