Chapter 16

Jordan's P.O.V

I woke up next to my wife Olivia in our small cottage in the countryside. We had gotten away from the castle and my parents' demands and began living a simple happy life together. She is everything I've every wanted.

I nuzzled my face in her neck, inhaling her sweet scent. She woke up and looked down at me smiling.

A loud knock at our door brought me to attention. Olivia began stroking down my hair.

"Wake up," she whispered in my ear.

"What? " I asked her, confused.

"Wake up, " she said louder.

I blinked, but when I reopened my eyes, Olivia was nowhere in sight and I was in my room again.

I sighed deeply. It was just a dream. My life isn't that amazing, but you can't blame me for wishing.

"Your highness," came another knock before the door opened.

"What?" I groaned out without looking at who was speaking to me.

"Your presence is requested immediately in the king's office," a voice told me.

I finally looked at the person to see Mary standing there with a stern look on her face. She left immediately after her message was conveyed.

I ran a hand down my face and took a long shower, despite what my parents' wish. When I hopped out, I saw a black suit on the bed with a note.

The note said:
I was told to make you wear this. Good luck.
- Thomàs

Being pissed at my parents as I was, I decided to piss them off more. I went to my dresser and pulled out black jeans, a red shirt, a black leather jacket, and a pair of combat boots. I ruffled my hair up and put on a pair of aviators.

I took my time getting to get to my father's office. They're screwing up my whole future, so why not screw up their day?

Once I reached the office, I flung the door open, making sure to slam it shut behind me.

I looked up expecting to see only my parents, but a girl was there too. She was tall because of her very high heels. She had curly black hair and green eyes. She wore a tight-fitted black cocktail dress with high, strappy black heels.

I looked to my parents with curiosity.

"This is princess Katerina," my father explained,"your future wife."

Olivia's P.O.V

1 month later

It had been a month since I last talked to Jordan. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I was taken off of room cleaning duty and placed as a kitchen help. That turned out to be a blessing as I almost never see Jordan now.

I heard about Katerina and how they were going to be married in 5 months in 'the most grand wedding of the year'.

I had gone into a state of depression until Mary talked (and slapped) some sense into me. I tried to put on my happiest face after that, but it didn't quite reach my heart.

I began having nightmares again. The last time I had nightmares was after my mother died. I dreamt about her death over and over and it was horrifying. I slept in my father's room until that had stopped. Then he left to attend his duties again after his grieving break was over.

I began waking up crying. Cruel dreams riddled my sleep of my unrequited love. I began to redream of my mother's death, but instead of the encouraging words she left me with, she would tell me I was a stupid, foolish girl for believing such a heartbreaker. She told me that she thought she raised me better and that she was disappointed.

Hearing that from my mother, even though it was in my dreams, hurt immensely. Through all this I didn't even have my father to comfort me. He was still away on a mission and I had no clue as to when he was coming back.

They tore me down and it began to show. I stopped eating as much and lost a lot of weight. Due to my lack of sleep, I had a loss of energy and deep bags under my eyes. It wasn't long until Mary noticed me and confronted me.

"What has been going on with you, sweetie? " Mary asked me, cornering me in the kitchen.

I broke, not even trying to put up a wall. I was feeling so lonely. I told her about the nightmares, sobbing into her shoulder while she rubbed my back in a loving manner.

"You are sleeping in my room tonight, and that's not an option," she instructed me.

I nodded silently. She kissed the top of my head and, seeing as it was the end of the day, walked me to my room to get some of my stuff to stay with her. Since I didn't have much, I just grabbed some clothes, a blanket, and a pillow.

We went to her room and I noticed a small cot at the foot of the bed when we reached the room. I set my clothes beside the cot and my pillow and blanket on the cot.

I fell into a deep sleep. About halfway through the night, I woke up from a dream of myself having to watch Jordan and his wife's happy life as my mother spat harsh words at me.

I was heavily panting when Mary spoke to me.

"Did you have a nightmare?" She asked.

"Yes," I replied with a shaky voice.

"Come here," she told me gently

I got up and walked to her bed. As soon as I sat down on the edge of it, she wrapped her arms around me and rocked us gently. I fell apart again in her arms.

"Do you want to talk about it? It may help," she asked.

I reluctantly nodded and told her about the torturing dream.

"Now you listen to me. Jordan might be the monster in your dreams, but you know your mother would never say such things. She loved you with all her heart and nothing could ever change that. She would never disown you like that," she told me gently.

I knew she was right. Me and my mother were very close and loved each other more than anything.

I fell asleep in Mary's warm embrace, imagining my mother was holding me. I slept peacefully for the rest of the night.