Chapter 11

Olivia's P.O.V

I rounded the corner humming lightly to myself. I had taken a break from preparing for the ball to do my duties. I was heading to Jordan's room.

I looked at the ground briefly, playing with the hem of my dress while I walked, when I bumped into a solid figure: Jordan.

My heart burst into an array of flutters. I felt my face break into a large grin as I looked at his handsome face. His eyebrows were knit in frustration and he had an angry look on his face.

He walked right past me and into his room.

The butterflies in my stomach all died at once, masked by an intense feeling of hurt.

Did he just ignore me? Did I do something wrong? I'm probably just overreacting. He probably just had a bad day and didn't want to talk. Hopefully.

I sighed and decided that it was best not to go into his room yet. Instead, I went back down to the kitchen to continue the preparations for the ball.

I found Mary in the kitchen washing dishes. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Hey, Mary," I said.

"Hey, Olivia. How are you doing?" She asked.

I can't tell her about my Jordan troubles because I can't tell her what is going on between us... if there is anything going on between us.

"Fine," I lied," and you? "

"Good," she replied.

I stood next to her and began washing the dishes as well. After a few minutes of silence, I spoke up

"So do you know what this ball is for?" I asked.

Mary looked at me cautiously as if contemplating what she was trying to say.

I picked up a cheap looking plate that the servants use and began to scrub it.

"It's to find Jordan a wife," she finally replied.

I dropped the plate I was holding and it crashed to the ground, shattering into hundreds of tiny shards, similar to what my heart is doing.

"Are you okay?" Mary asked, concern laced in her voice.

Without answering, I spun on my heels and ran out and to my room.

I opened the door and slammed it shut behind me before running to the comfort of my bed. I buried my face in the pillow and cried.

I don't know how long I stayed like that for, but the next thing I knew I was being woken up by Mary.

She pulled me onto her lap and gently petted my hair. I cried into her shoulder.

"I know you probably don't want to hear this, but we are expected to work at the ball and should be preparing now," Mary told me sadly.

I nodded slowly, sniffling.

Mary got up and left, leaving me alone again. I sighed, standing up.

I walked over to the small mirror in my room to examine my appearance. My clothes were wrinkled and my face was red and puffy.

I quickly changed into another dress and wiped my face. If anyone asked why my face was red and puffy I would blame it on sickness or allergies.

I walked out of my room and into the ballroom. I found Mary and immediately went over to her to receive my orders.

She gave me a sad smile and began telling me what to do.

"I'm taking you off of room cleaning today, for obvious reasons. Your job is to sweep and mop the ballroom floors. The orders were to 'make them shine'," she instructed.

I smiled at her gratefully and went to get the broom.

Jordan's P.O.V

I didn't plan on leaving my room at all in fear of running into Olivia. I don't know if I can see her without running to her. But as they say, if you love something set it free. Only this time, she can't come back. I'll be married.

I sighed, dreading whatever bitch I was going to marry.

Someone knocked at my door and my heart was sent into flutters.

"Come in," I yelled, hopefully.

The door opened, only to reveal my mother.

I sighed.

"Come on, Jordan. It's time for your suit fitting," my mother said to me.

Not only do I have to be set up with someone, but I also have to wear a suit. Great!

I got up and followed her out of my room. We headed down the maze of hallways and staircases until we came to a stop in front of a room. It looked small on the outside, but it was much bigger on the inside.

We walked into the large room that was decorated with rows and rows of suits and ballgowns.

"Hello, young man," Thomàs, the castle's clothing designer greeted me.

"Hey!" I called back.

Me and Thomàs were always close. He understood my style and tried to dress me accordingly.

"A suit," mom called before she left the room.

"So no jeans and t-shirt today?" Thomàs asked, jokingly.

"Haha," I laughed sarcastically.

"Okay, you know the drill," Thomàs said, smiling at my response.

I stood up on the platform and stood still. When I was given the suit, I quickly changed and continued standing still so I wouldn't be poked as Thomàs jabbed at the suit with needles.

"Done!" He exclaimed as he brought me a mirror to examine myself in.

I had on a dark grey suit with a dark blue tie and a white button up shirt underneath.

My mother re-entered the room.

"One hour until the party," she exclaimed.

I sighed. I'm sorry Olivia.