Chapter 9

Jordan's P.O.V

I tossed and turned all night thinking about Olivia. Going to bed late put me in a deep sleep.

I woke up to Olivia gently shaking me to alert me of breakfast. I looked up at her with a smile, to which she blushed. She was cute when she blushed. I loved the feeling of waking up and seeing her before anything else.

She left the room to return to her duties, making me feel slightly alone and sad. I don't know why I felt this way. Maybe I just like having my friend back. In any case, I was happier than I had been in a long time.

I got up and took a shower. When I got out, I slipped into a pair of jeans, black converse, and a plain red t-shirt.

I headed down to breakfast, whistling on the way. I sat down at the table for breakfast and received some confused looks. There was an awkward silence for a few moments.

"Son," my father addressed me,"You've been acting strangely lately. Why has your behavior changed?"

Olivia. I thought, but I didn't say that out loud. Instead I ignored them and kept eating.

"Ooh is it a girl?" Darren asked in a high-pitched voice while batting his eyelashes.

Too bad for him because I had just taken a drink of milk and making me laugh was not a good idea. He received the bulk of my spit milk.

He cringed,"That's disgusting!"

I was now out of breath laughing. No, I was wheezing. The whole while receiving glares from my parents. After what seemed like forever, I finally quieted down.

Anna and Ella seemed very interested in the conversation.

"O," Anna exclaimed.
"M," continued Ella
"G," they said in unison.
"Jordan's has a girlfriend," they continued, in unison. Creepy, I hated when they did that.

I ignored their statement and finished eating. I left the table without a word and headed for my room.

On the way I bumped into into Olivia. She started to fall, but I caught her by the waist. She instantly blushed when I touched her. I smiled as I looked into her beautiful green eyes that seemed to enchant me. I got a wonderful idea. I released her to an upright standing position.

"Hey," I addressed her," can you clean the twins' room first today?"

"Of course, your highness," she replied and walked into the kitchen.

I went up to my room and turned the tv on, changing the channel to watch cartoons. I quickly headed downstairs into the kitchen. Olivia wasn't there, she must've already went to clean the twins' room. I was running out of time.

Grabbing a large bowl and a bag of popcorn, I headed to the microwave to cook it. When it was done, I put the popped, buttery goodness into the bowl.

I was heading back to my room, but was stopped by yelling that was muffled through the thick door that lead to the dungeon. I barely heard what was being said.

"You know the rule, no socializing with the royalty," a female voice. I recognized it as my mother.

It took me a second to register what she had said. A rule against socializing with royalty. His long had that been in place?

"Yes, your highness. Of course," a soft, female voice whimpered in response.

"It has been in place for 12 years, so you should know it!" My mother yelled again.

12 years. 12 years ago Olivia stopped being my friend. Was this the reason?

"You know very well that you aren't allowed to partake in a conversation with the Prince, yet I clearly saw you doing just that," mother continued. I heard crying in response. "20 years in the dungeon for punishment. He is our future king after all!" She finished.

I ran upstairs to my room. I opened the door and was welcomed by the sight of Olivia. She looked beautiful as ever. It looked like she had just finished cleaning and was about to leave when she saw me. Her eyes went to the bowl of popcorn in my hands and then to me with a confused look.

"Have a seat," I told her as I gestured toward the bed.

She complied as I walked over and sat next to her. We sat and watched cartoons as we ate popcorn, just like old times.

Hours passed by like that, I was incredibly happy. Suddenly, she yawned. She looked over and looked at the time: 10:00.

"Oh my," she exclaimed," I should go."

She tried to get up, but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to me.

"Not yet," I whispered.

"But it's so l-"

I cut her off with a kiss. She tensed up and pulled away.

"I can't do this," she said.

"I know about the rule," I replied.

"You do?"

"I heard my mom talking today," I said. " You know I would never let anything bad happen to you right?"

She looked away. I put my hand on her cheek and turned her head to face me once again.

"I miss this," I motioned towards the popcorn bowl, "I miss you."

I cupped her face in my hands and slowly brought her in for another kiss. This time she didn't pull away.

She tensed at first, but eventually put her arms around my neck and kissed me back. Sparks flew from my lips through my body as I deepend the kiss. I pulled her up and onto my lap so that her legs were around my waist. I moved my hands to her back and pushed her into me. My tongue licked her lips, asking for an entrance. She opened her mouth and we deepend the kiss even more. My hands roamed her back.

"Your highness, I should go, it's really-" her voice faltered and stopped when I began to kiss her neck.

Olivia's P.O.V

He kissed my neck, cutting off my words. I knew I had to leave before suspicions arose. I mustered up all of my courage.

"Jordan, I need to leave," I said, my voice shaking slightly as I tried to keep a commanding tone.

He sighed and pulled away, slowly lowering my back to a seated position on the bed.

"You should get back," he muttered.

I put my hand on his cheek and gently caressed it, not knowing what else to do. He sounded so disappointed. He looked up at me. The desperation and longing in his eyes turned to sadness. I gave him my best small smile and stood up to leave.

He caught my hand that was still on his cheek and pulled me back into a short, sweet kiss.

"Am I just another one of your one time play-things," I asked sincerely.

"Of course not! You are so much more than that. You are beautiful and kind and you put up with all the shit I put you through these past few years. I really like you, Livy," he said with a soft, loving voice.

My heart flew into flutters and knots. My cheeks hurt from a large smile that I didn't even know had appeared.

With that and the tears brimming in my eyes, I was pulled into a lingering kiss. We pulled away. I spun around slowly and left, taking my time and not wanting to leave. Once out of the room I shut the door. I leaned on the heavy oak door and sighed softly, touching my lips that were still tingling.

"Where have you been, sweetie," a voice broke me out of my trance.

I immediately knew who it was: Mary. I cleared my throat and hoped that she couldn't see my flushed face

"Jordan's room was very messy today," I lied.

She looked at me skeptically at first and then sighed.

"Tell me next time. I was worried to death over you," she said. "Now come on, all of the staff is expected by the king and queen.

I was immediately concerned. The king and queen never requested the audience of all the servants at once. Something was happening.