Nerf Wars- Beau

YOUR POV

"Shit!" I panted, diving for cover behind the grey sofa at the back of the room.

"They're outside the door!" Beau slumped down next to me, nerf gun in hand.

"Any plans?" I asked him, refilling my own gun with foam bullets.

"Get captured and give up? How is this even fair? Two against three?" He looked at my quizzical face with a grin.

"Beau, where is your spirit? We can win this and then they have to be our slaves for a whole day!" I argued at him, we were not losing this war.

"Fine, here's an idea..."

JAI'S POV

"Luke get over here!" I whispered loudly, gesturing with my gun that he crawl over to where I was crouching, behind the wall to his lounge.

"We have them trapped in there." I continued as Luke scampered to me.

"We could ambush them?" Luke excitedly asked.

"When?" Daniel questioned, he was across the hall, hiding behind the stairs.

"No time better than the present," I dictated, "On my count." I held three fingers in the air as the two boys prepared to burst in.

YOUR POV

"Go, go, go!" I quietly urged Beau, shoving the boy through the downstairs living room window.

As soon as he was outside I lifted my leg onto the window sill and squeezed myself out, Beau's arms outstretched, ready to catch me if I fell. I tumbled onto him but he kept his balance, steadying me and trying to keep his laughter to a minimum.

We crouched low and positioned ourselves so that our guns were angled at where the other three boys would undoubtedly rush in. Most of our bodies were hidden so the boys wouldn't immediately see us. I had flattened Beau's hair as much as possible as to not draw attention to our hiding spots, needless to say he looked hilarious and I was struggling not to blow our cover by howling with laughter at Beau's strange new image.

I bit my lip and aimed at the door to the room, hearing the pattering of feet now. He took this stance as well and pushed a finger to his lips to encourage me to stay quiet. The door flew open but no boys emerged yet, they had probably suspected us to be hiding beside the door, far too obvious.

I saw the nozzle of a nerf gun peer round the door, followed by a tuft of blonde hair, I instantly identified the faceless gun to be Luke, whose whole head soon appeared and cautiously looked around the door, his head turning away from us.

I felt Beau poke my side and pull me down out of the other boys view.

"What are you doing?" I hissed at him.

"Change of plan," His eyes glinted wickedly, prompting my mouth to break into a smirk, knowing this must be good, "Follow me."

We crawled under the windows and straightened once we were out of sight, now round the front of the house.

"Beau, we're locked out now. What is this amazing plan of yours?" I complained, seeing his idea as futile.

"Shush, Luke has a back door." Beau countered my whinging.

"Right, I knew that." I answered hastily.

"Sure you did." He chuckled as we made our way to Luke's back gate.

Beau unlatched it and jokingly bowed, motioning for me to go before him. I giggled and curtseyed playing along with his little game. He winked at me and closed the doorway behind us. We tiptoed along the narrow path between Luke's house and the wooden fence surrounding the property.