Guy Advice? (Kaidan x FemShep)

Breathe. Just breathe Alenko. It's not like you're going to save the Universe. Again. You can do this.

Kaidan took a deep breath before the doors of the elevator wooshed open. 

"Hey Garrus?" The Turian was standing by the table talking to James and Javik. He turned around and saw Kaidan before smiling.

"Kaidan! How are you? You look like you saw another Reaper."

"I'd say he looks like he was about to piss himself!" James smirked.

"Um. I'm actually fine. But I just want to ask you guys for some advice. You know, guy to guy."

"Whatever it is, it sounds like drama that I do not want to get involved in." Javik didn't say anything else, but left the group and headed to the elevator. After a few seconds of silence Kaidan spoke again.

"So, you've all had girlfriends right?"

"Oh boy, here we go."

"James, the poor boy has an issue with a certain female. The least we could do is help." Garrus smiled. Kaidan rummaged around in his pocket before bringing out a little box.

"I can't believe I feel so nervous all of a sudden. I was so confident when I was buying-" But before he could finish his sentence he heard a squeal from across the room.

"Kaidan! Is that what I think it is?" Tali came running over and grabbed the small box out of his hand. His face turned beet red while she opened it. "IT IS! AH! This is so exciting! Liara will love to hear-"

"Tali no! This is not something that I want Shepard to find out until I actually propose." Please don't tell anyone. 

Tali hung her head and handed the box back to Kaidan before turning and leaving.

"You know she is going to go tell Liara anyways, right?" James laughed and grabbed the box. He whistled and held it out to Garrus to look at.

"This has the biggest diamond I have ever seen, how did you manage to buy it? Do you have a secret business-" 

"James, he helped Shepard free the galaxy of Reapers, I'm pretty sure any store would give him a major discount." He handed the ring back to Kaidan who tucked it back into his pocket.

"I just don't know how to go about asking her. And what if she says no? Oh god that would be awful. I don't think I could take the heartbrea-"

"Holy shit Alenko, ha! You gotta chill. You know what you need? A good shot of brandy to get the nerves to go away."

"I agree with James, however, I won't be accompanying you. I have a special night planned with my baby."

"Garrus, you got yourself a hot Turian lady?"

"Oh uh, actually no. I-uh. You know, this isn't as important as Kaidan getting married." He awkwardly left, hoping they wouldn't follow him.

____________

Kaidan slowly walked back to his chambers. He decided he was ready. He was going to go get a drink at the Citadel and then come back to ask her. He was so nervous, his stomach felt like he was going to vomit.

"Okay Alenko. This is it. Just do it."

After about half an hour in the bar, he had already downed about seven shots of the hardest drink they had. By this point he couldn't even remember what the Salarian serving it called it. He probably shouldn't have had so many but he thought to himself, "What the hell?"

He staggered back to the ship for a cold shower before going to propose. Hopefully it helped him sober up... otherwise Shepard wouldn't be too happy...

_______

After he climbed out of the shower he felt less tipsy and more awake. He wasn't as nervous as he was before though.

"Gonna have to remember to thank Vega for that one." He quick threw on his normal black outfit and brushed his hair. After checking himself out in the mirror he opened the door and headed to the elevator to go see Shepard at the CIC. He wanted the engagement to be public, so the whole crew would know at once. In his head he practiced how the situation would go.

"Shepard, there's something I have been meaning to tell you." He was going to say this very loudly. "I have loved you every moment of every day, when I thought I lost you, I didn't know how to react. When you came back I felt so angry and betrayed. But after you left me on Horizon that day I was so guilty. Guilty for not being able to be there for the woman who I was in love with. Guilty for being such an ass to her while she faced the Collectors without me. Ever since I was a little boy I have always dreamed about finding the one. The one who would be there for me every day and night. Who would take care of me and who I have loved.

"We have shared a lot of our past together, but not enough. If you will let me I would like to be a part of your life every day, now and forever... Will you marry me?"

To which the whole crew will cheer and Shepard will shout yes before kissing me. Hell yeah, bring it.

Only... that's not what happened. 

When the elevator doors opened he was greeted with explosions of confetti, balloons, and a great big banner that said "CONGRATULATIONS". 

"Shit." He walked out and saw Shepard standing talking to Tali. He hurriedly ran over to them and threw his arm around his girlfriend, kissing her lightly on the cheek.

"Hey Kaidan," Shepard beamed. "Is there anything you want to say to me?" Tali giggled.

"I uh." He threw Tali a look that could kill. She giggled and ran away. The whole crew kept giving him proud looks as he and Shepard talked. "Well, I suppose you know, right?"

"About why everyone is so excited? Yeah. Tali told everyone." Kaidan rummaged around in his pocket and pulled out the box.

"I figured as much but I guess since you know then there is no use in asking, so-"

"But honestly, I don't really know. She came up and told me to pretend like it knew-" She stopped when she saw the box and froze.

"Wait. You didn't know?" Kaidan felt his whole plan come crashing down. He knew she would say no now.

"Kaidan. Is that what I think it is?" Before he could chicken out any more, he quickly got down on one knee.

"Will you marry me?" 

The whole room went deathly silent, waiting for her to answer. She picked up the ring from the box, and slid it onto her finger. It fit perfectly.

"Yes." She whispered.

The crew erupted in a cheer so loud it shook the whole Normandy. But Kaidan and Shepard paid no attention... they were too focused on each other.

Not many people noticed... but in the back Garrus was making his way towards a female Turian who was winking at him.

______

Okay so first let me say that I am so sorry for not updating in so long. I didn't ever think that college was going to be this crazy. I promise that this summer I will write more and I have loved every comment, like, and read that I have gotten so THANK YOU I love you all!

I hope you enjoy this little bit of Kaidan and Shepard... I promise more are coming!

Also ANDROMEDA COMES OUT SOON AH HOLY SHIT I CAN'T WAIT