The beggining

(⬆️ Zoe playing the part of Zoe)

--"BUT I DONT WANT TO BE WITH YOU ANYMORE" she yelled

And that's when he started to cry. Geoffrey had known that things with him and Zoe had been bad for a while but he didn't know that she had been suffering like this. He felt bad. He just loved her so much he thought he could make things work out eventually, that if he kept trying eventually she would learn to love him too. But that's clearly not what had been happening

-- " I'm sorry. I didn't know you felt that way." He said. His voice barely above a whisper. Zoe could barely hear him. " I... I just wanted to make us work, Z. "

-- " that's not gonna happen" Zoe admitted.

-- " but... why?" Geoffrey said. By now he was sobbing and about to break down. The very last thing he wanted to do infront of Zoe that day.

In fact, the very reason he came to meet with her on this day was to propose to her. His one true love. The only person he had ever loved and truly wanted to be with. Or so he had thought.

-- " because," Zoe said after a long silence. " I.. met someone"................." his name is cleden.... and .... I think we may have a future together."

-- "how long?" He asked so quiet he had to repeat himself so she could hear him " how long" he said, louder this time

-- " about 5 months now. I really like him.... and I think he likes me too.... and .......... and I think we're in love Geoffrey." She told him finally having that weight lifted off her shoulders. She wanted to tell him since she first started having feelings for cleden. But, she never had the courage to tell Geoffrey because she knew he loved her. She felt like she didn't owe him any explanation. She thought she had made it obvious that she didn't like him anymore. And she had. Geoffrey knew her love for him was fading fast and he needed to do something to keep her with him that's why he had tried to propose. He knew it wouldn't end well but didn't expect a slap to the face when he got down on one knee. That's when the fight started.

-- " well .... I hope you guys have a great life. ... and love each other dearly."  He said. With the last of his tears pouring out of his eyes like a waterfall drenching his face and forcing a fake smile for her. He loved her enough for him to let her go and be happy.

He knew he'd never forgive himself for letting his true love leave but he got up from his knealing proposal stance on the ground and held her hand one last time as he spoke his last words to her
--" Zoe, You are the best friend I ever had and I know I will never love again because I will never find anyone like you again, but I want you to be happy...So..."he swallowed the lump in his throat and held back tears so she would think he was happy for her "I ..." he tried his hardest to be strong and spit out these last words "............ I want you to go to him" he finally spit out and forced himself to smile so he couldn't cry

-- " oh, really" Zoe cried buying into his fake smile "you mean it"

-- " yes" Geoffrey managed to get out through gritted teeth still smiling. He knew that if he let that smile fall or even faulter for just a second he would burst out into tears.

-- " oh thanks Geoffrey, I knew you would understand. You know what?" She exclaimed happy all of a sudden " I'll go to him now. "

-- "you've really got to meet him some time." She yelled behind her as she took off into the woods they came from " I know you would love him. "

She was gone 'finally' Geoffrey thought to himself. And he was alone. His smile faded and he dropped down to the ground with a big thud and cryed harder than he ever had in his whole life.

And that was how their story started.

The story of Zoe, Geoffrey, and Cleden.