Ben the beta and annoying mates

After I've freshened up I head downstairs. The smell of freshly made pancakes hit me as I enter the Kitchen. Dad was making them while Rosy, who was surprisingly up at this hour, was filing her nails. Rosy is a great friend. She lives with us in our house because her parents passed away when she was 9. She's not really sensitive about her parent's death anymore. She used to, though. When she first came she used to cry all. the. time. She never talked or ate but then slowly she started to open up to me. The only time she ever laughed back then was when I did something stupid or when I bumped into objects that I should've noticed because of their huge size.

It was the day of her 10th birthday when she first willingly came to talk to me. We instantly became best friends. Now after 7 years we are practically sisters.

"Hey Rose, what are you doing up so early?" I ask as I hug her from behind before I serve myself some pancakes. She looks up from her nails and scowls at me.

"Why do you think I'm awake? It was your crazy screaming that woke me up just like I'm pretty sure it woke up half the pack too," she grumbles.

Whoops?

"Sorry. I think I'll be sleeping down here again. There are monsters in that room. So you can have it back." the room I slept in is Rosy's. She agreed to let me sleep in there today because I insisted. She even warned me that it might not be the wisest idea since she knew I can't sleep alone. I argued, though. I ranted about how they all were treating me like a little kid and that I should be treated as an adult now that I was turning 18 the day after tomorrow. After relentless efforts from me to persuade her she finally relented.

Two minutes after I went up I was calling for my dad. When I asked him to stay with me until I can fall asleep he had shaken his head and sat on the chair beside the bed. An hour or two later I fell asleep. And then I woke up and you know the rest.

"I'm glad you got your senses back. I couldn't sleep here because I'm not used to it."

"Girls hurry up and get going. You guys need to oversee everything that needs to be done for tomorrow's funeral. I, on the other hand, have to deal with the ungrateful pack next door. They have no respect for someone who could crush them in an instant if they wished." dad mutters.

Chuckling at his grouchy mood Rosy and I finish up eating and step outside into the sunny morning. It's 5:30 and people are already milling about giving instructions for the funeral. All though the sun is shining, instead of being happy everyone seemed to be in a gloomy mood. Which was appropriate considering that the mysterious culprit was still not found and because a whole family was now dead.

Everyone's attention shifts to us the minute we step outside. Well actually more like towards Rosy. she is one of the most beautiful girls in our pack. Some say that I'm in that group as well but I disagree. While Rosy has silky blond wavy hair and almond shaped dark blue eyes I have plain straight jet black hair with a little shine and big dark green owl shaped eyes.

Although some may say that my freakishly tall height would be awesome I once again have to disagree. It just makes me stand out when all I want to do is blend in. Then there is Rosy, she has a perfect height, not too short nor too tall. And there is the skin tone, while I was cursed with pale skin she was born perfectly tan. Now tell me, am I pretty? I don't think so.

Shaking my head at my melancholy thoughts I start walking towards Ben. Ben is the beta. Since dad doesn't have a son he had to choose someone for the position. Although Ben is pretty young for this responsibility at the age of 35 he is the best we have. He is caring and sweet and also strict when it comes to the safety of the pack.

"El-lo Ben the beta! How are you today?" I greet as I come into earshot.

"Oh Hola senora! I'm am well how about you? Did you sleep well? The alpha was telling me that you were finally going to sleep alone." I groan. I can't believe this! Dad just had to go and open his big mouth to everyone.

"Umm I'm good and I slept well too, thanks for asking."

"Oh? Then maybe I imagined those screams," he says with a smirk on his face. That hooligan! He knows I lied but he's not going to tell me that outright. Well, I can be stubborn when I need to be.

"Really? I think you have to get your ears checked out, you're getting old." I retort. Ha! See? I can be smart when the situation calls for it.

He chuckles and raises his hands in surrender.

When I turn to look if Rosy heard my awesome response I find an empty spot beside me. Confused my eyes roam around trying to locate her. I find her standing by a tree talking to Sarah. Sarah is Rosy's friend and I say Rosy's friend because I've never really bonded with her. I found her rude and very mean. Whenever Rosy wasn't looking she would sneer at me and insult something she complimented a few seconds ago in front of Rosy.

In the beginning, I debated many times if I should or should not tell Rosy about her two-faced behavior but in the end decided that it wasn't worth it. Now, whenever Sarah would be around Rosy I steered clear of the both of them. Turning away from them both I ask Ben if there was anything that I could do to help for the funeral.

"You can actually. I have been waiting for Seth to bring me some boxes from the border warehouse but he still didn't come back. Can you go check out what is taking him so long? And then maybe even help him if the boxes aren't too heavy? I don't want the alpha upset with me for making you do work."

"Yeah sure and I can handle it. I'm strong you know?" I hate it when men think that girls are weak. We girls are very strong and especially the werewoman. With the extra strength of our wolves, we are stronger than an average human woman.

"I know it's just you recently got the ability to turn into a wolf and your body is still adapting to the changes, so I think you should take it easy."

I sigh "Ok Ben the beta. I'll be back with Seth in a jiffy." turning away from him I head towards the warehouse. On my way, I see Molly, Aaron, Abel, Judith and Sam standing in a circle cracking jokes. They seemed to be the only ones that were in a jolly mood.

These guys are the "it" group in the pack. They were toppers in every everything. Molly is the top swimmer, Judith is the top vocalist, Abel is the top runner, Aaron is the top wrestler, and Sam is the top boxer. As I pass them they all sneer at me. Obviously being top in everything they saw me the clumsiest person as the bug under their feet. Smiling at them I walk away.

I reach the warehouse as a group of men carry huge boxes in and out. In the midst of them, I locate Seth talking to a girl beside the building. I knew Seth had a mate so it's possible that that was her.

"Hey, Seth!" I greet as I near them. "Ben sent me to see what was holding you up" Mary looks up and smiles at me when I step up beside them.

"Hi, Jade! How have you been? I haven't seen you for the loongest of times!" Seth is nice but his mate is a bit annoying. Whenever she talks she emphasizes at least one for form everything she says.

"Umm, I'm good. And you?"

"Oh, I'm very well thank you for asking! How are the alpha and Rosy? I haven't seen them for eons as well!"

"They are great too. well, I better be going Ben would get mad if I too start to stall. we have a lot to do today."

"Yes yes darling you better get going then!" she says, looking at Seth. Giving her a quick kiss Seth turns and walks towards the warehouse entrance. before I could follow a slight rustling in the bushes stops me in my tracks.

Hi! I'm back and still alive!! here is the second chapter guys. I hope you've already commented #bearlover because as people who know me know I'm a huge bear lover!!!! 

Anyway please vote and comment!! 

Adios mon amis!!! (That is how you say it right?)