Rooming with the Bad Boy

Chapter One -

I could just image her face.

She'd be attempting to smile - and of course, failing because of the tears that would've been blurring her vision and violent wobble of her bottom lip as she tried to keep herself together. She would've pulled me into a hug at this point in an attempt to cover me from seeing her cry over 'her little baby'.

Naturally, he would take over at this point.

I'd be forced out of her arms while she lost control of her tears, and would be enveloped in his scent as he gave me an awkward yet reassuring pat on the back. "Behave yourself." He'd order with a stern expression; although his eyes showed his true emotions.

"Ms Parker?" The old man called out, pulling me out of my thoughts as my head snapped to his direction. "Did you hear anything I said?"

I blinked once before nodding eagerly; trying to make the fact that I had zoned out on my dorm room retails not as obvious as it was. "Every word. Thank you very much for showing me the way here-"

"So you're fine with your roommate being away?" He asked, giving me a look of uncertainty.

My roommate wasn't here? "Of course! It will give me more time to get used to the place before they return." I tried to smile, but my muscles transformed the motion into a grimace.

"Yes... in a week's time." He reminded me with the same look of uncertainty.

I hummed in agreement before faking a yawn and stretching my limbs. "I'm sorry, is it okay if I go inside and begin to get settled? It's been a long flight and the mix up with the transfer gave me a bit of a migraine..." I trailed off, rubbing my temple in an attempt to make the lie more realistic.

Andrew looked me once over before nodding his head. "Of course. We are sorry about that once again. I don't know why your college didn't fill it out completely." He frowned

I picked up my luggage and held what I could. "That's because they didn't want their star law student leaving them. If I had stayed; their reputation would've increased and more people would want to attend that college." I explained with a small smile in an attempt to hide my flushed cheeks.

"Star law student? So you were the one I heard Marta gossiping about in the office..." Andrew muttered to himself.

I nodded awkwardly before jingling the pair of keys that unlocked my new dorm room; along with other things. "Thank you for the short tour." I tried again.

Andrew looked back at me and I saw the expression everyone gave me once they found out who I was; awe. "It was my pleasure! If you need anything at all, I'll be-"

"I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again." I unlocked the door and dumped my baggage onto the floor ungracefully, before closing the door shut. There was no doubt Andrew was planning to begin yet another conversation; and I had to refrain that from happening.

Sighing, I looked around the small room for the first time. It was plain. Grey paint coated the walls and two twin beds with plain white sheets sat on opposite corners of the room. Beside me was a small fridge and microwave oven, and two doors - which I was told that one stored our drawers and the other lead to the bathroom - were positioned after them.

My roommate's side of the room was so plain that I was almost confused as to which side was mine. If it weren't for the small stack of papers on the small table beside their bed, as well as a plain black clock with neon green numbers; I wouldn't have been able to spot the difference at all.

She must be a clean freak.

I decided to get started straight away. Groaning, I dragged my bag that contained the most clothing to the first door near the fridge, and unlocked it impatiently. The room smelt of an intoxicating pine scent; and I felt up the side of the wall until my fingers landed on a light switch.