Chapter 4

Dean wanted to tell Jacki how he felt so badly, but he knew that now wasn't the right time. So over the summer, they got closer and she gradually got over Cyrus.

Dean was happy about that but what made him happier was that she was smiling more now. She got a new light in her life that he never saw before.

But the end of summer was nearing and he dreaded it, because they didn't go to the same school. The only reason they had met was because Tailor transferred to Jacki's school and introduced them.

His thoughts were interrupted by Jacki, who sat in front of him on the bed. 'Okay, I'm done. What do you think?', she asked as she showed him her sketch she did of him looking out the window.

'It's beautiful. But I'm keeping it', he said, snatching it from her hands and sticking it in his drawer.

'Hey, who said you could take that?' She asked defensively but fought back a laugh at his childish ways.

'Well, what were you going to do with it?' He asked, laughing at her confused expression as she thought.

'I don't know', she finally admitted and closed her sketchbook. 'You are a lousy inspiration', she plopped down next to him and stared up at him.

'If I'm such a lousy inspiration how did you create that masterpiece? And who gave you that great idea for a wolf sculpture?' He asked with raised eyebrows.

'You did', she said but quickly countered. 'But a good inspiration wouldn't steal the artist's work.'

He faked being hurt, which made her laugh. 'But you still love me, right?' He asked, fake worried. But he cursed himself mentally when he realized what he just asked.

'Yeah, I do', she said, and placed her head on his lap. Dean's heart warmed up at her words and a huge smile spread across his face.

'Umm, yeah- uh', he stuttered which made her laugh and he joined her. Damn, her laugh was contagious.

'Can I ask you something?', she asked when she was done laughing.

'Go for it', he said, calming down and played with a piece of her hair.

'Why don't you ever go to gay bars?', she asked, coughing back a nervous laugh.

'What? Why do you ask?', he asked her, utterly confused as to why she would want to know.

'Because Tailor does and you already have your license. Don't you get lonely?', she asked, drawing circles into his leg.

He gulped. Was this the right time to tell her? 'I'm not gay anymore', he said, trying to hide as much emotion as he could. But that didn't work.

'What?' She asked in shock as she shot up and looked at him. 'What do you mean? I thought-'

'I was gay, yes. But I'm not anymore', he said, trying not to meet her eyes.

'What made you change your mind?' Jacki asked. She was really curious as to why he changed his mind.

This was it, he thought and took a deep breath. 'You', he said, almost inaudible. Almost.

Jacki couldn't believe what she just heard and it made her heart flutter. 'M-me?', she stuttered, still trying to comprehend this.

'Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't want you to find it out like this', he said, running his hands through his hair in frustration. 'I'm sorry. I understand if you don't want anything to do with me right now. I-'

'No, it's okay. Really. People change their minds all the time', Jacki said and took one of his hands into hers, making him look up. She felt sparks flying as their skin touched and fought the butterflies she felt. What was wrong with her?

'I really like you...', he said and squeezed her hand, fearing her rejection.

'I... I really like you too, I think', she said, but quickly continued after seeing his confusion. 'I do like you. It's just-'

'You don't like-like me', he interrupted her, letting go of her hands and stood up.

'No', she said, standing up and grabbed his wrist. He turned around and she saw tears forming in his eyes. 'I do like you. Like you, like you. It's just... I'm scared, okay?'

'Of what?', he asked, moving closer to her. He needed to understand her.

'I don't want to get hurt again. I know you won't hurt me but before today, I thought you would never love me but now... I don't know how it feels to be truly loved', she said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Dean's mind was rattled. Before him, he saw the strong girl he loved at her weakest. And he loved her for showing it to him. She was scared to love, not him. He just needed to show her how much he really cared.

'Then let me show you', he said and didn't give her time to respond. He grabbed her face and kissed her. He felt her tense up beneath his touch, but she soon eased.

She kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck as she did so. His thumbs swept over her cheeks to wipe her tears away and pulled back.

He leaned his forehead against hers and they stood there, out of breath. 'Will you be my girlfriend?', he asked as he looked into her sparkling eyes.

To his surprise, she giggled but then pulled on a straight face. 'On 2 conditions', she smiled and he frowned in confusion.

'What then?', he asked and gave her a nervous smile.

'One: you have to go through my dad first. And two: I want you to promise me that you'll never hurt me and treat me as your equal', she explained and he wished that he could eat her up then and there because of her adorableness.

'I promise on my life. So is that a yes?', he asked and she bit her lip and looked up in thought.

'No, this is', she said and kissed him again on the lips and smiled.
'You are a tease', he said when she pulled away. She laughed at him and pointed to the drawer.

'That's for the sketch. And I couldn't just make it easy for you, now could I?', she asked and he just picked her up, earning a gasp from her.

'I guess not', he said and jumped on the bed with her in his arms as they cuddled and talked for the rest of the day.

A/N:

Please remember to vote, comment and follow.

Luna