Chapter 9

Jacki couldn't stand the fact that her name was being dragged through the mud again. And even Dean's sister believed the lies.

She was just bad news and Dean should get away from her as far as he could because right now, she was just ruining his life.

She didn't realize how far she walked until she saw that she was in the park. She fell onto her knees in the middle of a grass field and started crying. The tears burned against her bruising cheek.

Why was all this hapening? Is live really worth this, because all it has caused so far was pain.

A few seconds later a pair of arms wrapped around her but she shook them off.

'Shh, it's me', said a calm and soothing voice that only belonged to Dean. He sat down next to her but she turned away and brought her knees up to her chest.

'I'm not good for you. You should get away from me', she said while tears were rolling down her face. This shocked Dean.

'No, you're not. Why would you say that?', he asked her and moved closer to her.

'Your sister thinks I'm a whore and so does everyone else', she said, lifting her head and he let her continue. 'They believe the lies and they don't care what the truth is. My name is dirty once again, and once again it affects you.'

'My sister has always believed Graham is as innocent as a child. At least I believe you, so does Tailor. We don't care what people say, neither should you, because we know it's a lie. If they want to believe it, it's their problem', Dean said and he made a move to get her to look at him again by taking her face in his hands.

But he let go as soon as she winced. He got angry again. 'Please look at me', he said, his voice dripping with venom for Graham.

She gave in and looked at him after hearing the seriousness in his voice. He gasped when he saw the left side of her face in the light of a nearby lamp. Her cheek was turning a blue-ish purple and her lip was open.

He had to look away to contain his anger. To see the love of his life hurt was unbearable. 'Why did he do that?', he asked, still looking away and she looked back to her knees.

'He forced me to kiss him and after I kicked him in the groin, he hit-', but she didn't get to finish.

'That's enough. I'm done with him and done with my sister as well', he said, which made Jacki look at him again.

'No, Anna is your sister. Just let me go then everything will be fine', she said but a sob escaped her lips afterwards.

Dean positioned himself in front of her and took her right cheek in his hands. 'No, I love you with all my heart. I never want to lose you and I never will. I'll be with you forever, no matter what', he said and she could see the seriousness in his eyes.

'But what about your sister?', she asked, catching him glance at her cheek every now and then.

Dean was silent for a moment before he answered. 'We'll run away', he said and continued before she could interject. 'After graduation. We'll leave everything behind and go live somewhere on our own where we'll start our own life. Away from all this hatred.'

She smiled at his enthusiasm and thought it over. 'Okay,' she said, making him smile. 'Let's run away from here.'

~*~*10 months later*~*~

'I can't believe we actually did it', Jacki said in awe as she walked around their new house in Portland.

'Better believe it', Dean said, stepping next to Jacki after putting down the last box in the living room.

'We're going to be so happy here!', Jacki said and her eyes glanced around the room.

'Yeah, but first we need to unpack everything', Dean said, looking discouraged.

'Come on, it'll be fun', she said, turning around and placed her arms around his neck. 'And if we get unpacked we can add an addition to our family.'

He looked at her confused, but asked the daring question anyway. 'What addition?', he asked, gulping. Am I ready to be a dad, he thought.

'I want a puppy', Jacki said and Dean's face dropped but then relief washed over him.

'You almost had me there', he laughed and kissed her.

'Oh, I want kids too. But that's for the future. Now we have our wedding to worry about', she said and kissed him again, but more passionately. This was the start of their new lives.

***

'You may say your vows now', the Priest said as Jacki and Dean stood at the altar, ready to be wed.

Dean looked over to his bride-to-be and he couldn't believe this was finally happening. She looked gorgeous in her wedding gown and her smile made him weak in the knees.

'I promise, that I'll be by your side forever and stand by you through thick and thin. I'll be everything you need and more. I'll love you until our souls die, which is never', he said and the congregation laughed while Jacki blushed. 'Our love will always find a way as it already has. Forever and always.'

Jacki shed a tear and said her vows to him, that were surprisingly similar and the ceremony was almost over. 'You may now kiss the bride', the Priest declared and music went off as the pair's lips connected.

They danced the night away at the reception. Their families had flown in for the wedding, all except for Anna and Graham.

But Dean and Jacki preferred it that way. His mom was hard to confince too, since her daughter wasn't invited, but she gave in after a while.

Tailor walked over to Jacki and she once again smiled at her best friend's dress. 'You really do look beautiful', Tailor said as she hugged Jacki.

'Thanks, so do you my maid of honour', Jacki said, once Tailor ended the hug.

'Aww, how is Hunter doing?', Tailor asked, referring to Jacki's dog that Dean got her.

'Naughty, he won't let Dean even tickle attack me!', Jacki laughed, thinking of how protective Hunter was. 'I just hope that he'll be fine while we go on honeymoon.'

'He will be, I promise. I'll check up on him everyday', Tailor said and Dean approached the two.

'Is it about Hunter again?'  Dean asked, smiling at his wife. He received a nod from Tailor and giggled as he put an arm around Jacki. 'Stop worrying. Come, the car is ready.'

'Bye you two and enjoy your first night as husband and wife', Tailor waved them off as they went to their car.

'Are you ready?', Dean asked Jacki when they got into the car.

'Ready', she said, smiling wide and he didn't hesitate to start the car.

And so they lived happily ever after.

A/N:

I hope you enjoyed the book. It started out as just one part in my head but when I started to write, it just went on.

Please remember to comment, vote and follow.

Luna