Chapter 5

Summer has ended and school had begun. Jacki was sad because it meant not seeing Dean everyday but at least she had her best friend.

'I'm so happy for you two', Tailor said again as they walked through the school. But she had an unusual secrecy to her.

'What are you hiding?' Jacki asked and Tailor's expression turned to shock.

'Nothing', she said quickly and Jacki pondered on whether to pry it out of her or not. But she rather chose not to. She had to spare her energy for the first day of school.

'Okay, whatever you say', Jacki said and walked into her homeroom. But she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the person she never would have expected to see there.

'Surprise!' Tailor screamed from next to Jacki as she ran over and hugged her boyfriend.

'How-', she began but couldn't get the words out.

'I've transferred here to be with my love for our senior year. Tailor helped me arrange it', Dean said, letting go of Jacki.

'You knew?', she asked, turning to Tailor and she nodded. 'I knew something was up.'

'Well, it wouldn't have been a surprise if I told you, now would it?', Tailor said and folded her arms. Just then the bell rang and the 3 took their seats in the back of the class.

Mrs Featherstone entered the room and slammed her rod on the desk to quiet everyone down. 'Now listen, students. We have a new student here today. Dean Anderson, please come up here and tell us more about yourself', she said and Dean went to the front of the class.

The girls fluttered their eyes at him and Jacki started feeling insecure but still smiled at him.

'Hi, my name is Dean. I transferred here for one reason and one reason only: to be with my amazing girlfriend, Jacki Monroe', he said and pointed to Jacki in the back of the class.

She blushed immediately and the class turned around to gaze at her. Some of the girls stared at her with complete jealousy and the guys with envy. Why? She didn't know.

'Thank you, Dean. That's really sweet of you', Ms Featherstone said and Dean went back to his seat.

The bell rang soon after their teacher did the register. Dean and Jacki walked out hand in hand and stopped outside.

'Thanks for back in there, but did you see the girls' faces. They completely drooled over you', Jacki said, laughing a little.

'Let them drool. I don't care because you're the only one for me', he said and kissed her on the lips.

'What's your first class?', Jacki asked when they pulled away.

'Biology and you?', he smiled his amazing smile and Jacki followed.

'Yay, come or we'll be late', she said and Dean guessed that they had the same classes.

On their way, they compared their schedules and found thay they had the 1st, 2nd, 5th and last period together everyday.

Jacki and Tailor already compared schedules and thay had no classes together.

At lunch, Jacki met with Tailor at their lockers, seeing as they were right next to eachother. They then walked to the cafeteria, talking about the day when someone bumped into Jacki.

'Watch where you're going, slut', a guy said and continued walking.

'What did you just call me?', Jacki said, turning around in shock.

'You heard me, slut. You go around and sleep with guys when you have a boyfriend', he said and walked on while he laughed.

'What?', Jacki said, fighting back tears and holding back her anger. She turned to look at Tailor and she had an angry look in her eyes.