Bandaged

Prince Sidon was a very responsible Zora. He was able to sort everything out, from alliances with other races to which roads should be cleared or blocked off. Just as a prince should do, he was able to help his father keep his people in order and safe from harm.

He was never distracted from his work, never a single ounce of idleness. Well, that was until his father asked him to look out for a certain Hylian. Apparently the Hylian was one of the Champions set to protect the people many years ago, just like his older sister.

Was that why his people resented Hylians? Was the passing of Mipha's spirit a cause of hatred and grudges? Sidon was a little disappointed at that. His sister's death was horrible, yes, but that was no reason to cause trouble to others.

Sidon accepted his father's request because what other choice did he have? It might've been the biggest mistake he's ever made.

After that day, the prince was never the same.

•••

Link knew lots of people. He had known nearly everyone in Hyrule, and remembered everyone's name.

There was only one person Link wanted to see right now, and that was Prince Sidon. For what reason? Link had absolutely no clue.

He took his time traveling towards the Domain, though, picking up crabs and snails to cook for later. Once he was finished with his collecting spree, he pulled the Sheikah Slate out of the holster and selected the shrine in the center of Zora's Domain. (Sure, Link could memorize the names of the people, but he'd never memorize the shrine's names for the life of him.)

Link heard the echoes of Zora songs, and it soothed his mind. It was like the calm after the storm. Link said hello to everyone he passed by, some waving back happily, and some just gave him a disgruntled look.

"Ah! Link!" Link had just reached the top of the steps when he heard his friend's voice.

"Hello, your Zorasty!" Link giggled, waving back at him.

Sidon was sitting down in a chair, his right leg covered with a myriad of bandages. Link's pert mood transformed into one of solemnity. He scurried over to the prince to look at his injuries.

Link looked slightly angry at Sidon, but he knew he was only concerned. He rubbed his fingers over the bandages, but the Zora only winced and flinched away.

"It's really bad, isn't it?" Link quietly asked, and instead of getting an audible answer he just got a blink of a nod. "Where'd you get it?" He still inspected the bloodstained bandages.

"Well... I m-meant to head towards Death M-M-Mountain... for an... exchange o-of goods... but... I fell..." he explained with difficulty, still in too much pain to speak.

"I guess you burned yourself then? You must've fell right into the lava... Still though, why couldn't have the Gorons come over here for an exchange? It would've been much easier; it's safer here."

Sidon smiled as much as he could, appreciative of Link's concern.

"I-it was something... only their b-boss could exchange... b-but he was injured..." Sidon answered, slightly dozing off from the pain medication he took earlier.

Link nodded understandingly, gently rubbing his leg again with utmost care. Having Link there with him was almost a healing method in itself.

"Why don't you get some rest, Sidon... you don't look too well," Link sighed, and the prince nodded, agreeing.

"Maybe that's a good idea."

•••

Link had only planned to visit Zora's Domain for a few hours, but looks like he was spending another week here. Sidon was a quick healer, but even quick healing couldn't handle an injury that severe.

He had to take a daily medication, but the coldness to relieve his burns made him shiver for hours on end. He wrapped himself in about three blankets when he took them.

Link stayed by his side the whole time, and also taking place for him in the palace. I mean, if the prince was down, then who else could move around and do errands for the kingdom? I mean, Muzu was too old and King Dorephan, well...

"L-Link...?" Sidon's croaky voice echoed through the large bedroom.

Link's eyes wandered over towards Sidon, adjusting from his daydreams. "Yeah?"

"D-do you mind if you c-could... make some hot ch-chocolate?" he shivered, squeezing the magenta blanket closer to himself.

"Of course, my liege," he asserted, bowing politely in mimic. Sidon chuckled at that.

"Thank you very m-much," he giggled.

•••

When Sidon finally was able to walk again, the doctors recommended that he still took the Cold Elixirs, but a milder prescription, so he wouldn't be too cold.

"You didn't have to stay here, you know," the prince interjected after a long silence of just walking down the bridge.

Link shrugged. "I wanted to be there for you until you got better, Sidon. It's what friends do." Link turned his head to smile at him, a smile that could light up all of Hyrule Castle.

"Y-yeah... friends..." Sidon grumbled under his breath, only loud enough for Link to hear short noises coming from his friend.

"Hm?" Link hummed, tilting his head.

"Nothing... I just wanted to say thank you!"