Lipstick

"Alright," Sidon started, pulling Link into his room and swiftly shutting the door. "First thing's first. The kingdom won't approve of them having two kings, so you're going to have to disguise yourself."

Link caught the pink dress that was tossed to him which he assumed was from Mipha's old wardrobe, otherwise that'd be pretty concerning. The dress was so billowy it even covered up his face when he held it. Then the prince tossed him a makeup case.

"Listen, Sidon-" Link silently protested, but Sidon gently shushed him.

"Shh, it's okay, sweetheart. I know it's sudden, but I'll make it up to you somehow," Sidon whispered, trying to console Link. The Hylian just looked confused.

"No, no, no, that's not what I-" Link interjected, only to be silenced by Sidon pushing him into the bathroom.

"Get changed. Quick. Before anyone checks here," the prince cautiously ordered, and then Link was locked in the bathroom. Sidon could hear groans of abnegation from the other side, but he ignored it and listened to the door towards the hall for footsteps.

A few moments later, Link came out with a light blush dress adorned with extravagant jewels. The Hylian looked amazing in it, but acted as if he was wearing a potato sack.

"What's wrong? You look stunning."

Link slumped. "I have two problems: for one, I'm wearing a dress. Secondly, and more importantly, we're getting married?!"

Sidon picked up Link's hands in his own. "You'll do amazing," and with that, he caked the shorter one's face with makeup.

-

The next morning, after which Link surprised himself that he didn't escape through the window, Sidon woke the Hylian up.

Link slaved out of bed, almost too tired to leave the comfort of the water mattress. He was still in the dress, which was all ruffled up now, and makeup was smeared all over his plump face.

"Oh my, we're going to have to fix that," the Zora mumbled under his breath, placing his hand under his chin in thoughtful concern. He pulled Link into the bathroom, planning to reapply his makeup and straighten the dress out.

As Sidon had finished with his first two tasks and was now curling Link's hair with the curling iron (which he conveniently owned), Link tried to ask him a question.

"Sidon I was — cough — wondering — ow..." Link groaned out, his throat pain getting the best of him.

Sidon stopped using the iron for a moment, and looked at the shorter man in the mirror with kind consideration. "Rest your throat, Link. If you keep talking, you might lose your voice altogether," Sidon paused, filled a small paper cup that was left on the counter up with water, and put it in Link's hand. "Drink as much as you can, and your voice will heal faster."

Link looked back at Sidon as to say either 'thank you' or 'why,' but either way Sidon smiled in return. "Just nod if someone asks you a question, and wave or curtsy if someone greets you. Also, keep a better posture. It's much more ladylike."

Link grunted painfully, and the prince patted him on the head in consolation, finally finishing off the curls.

-

"Good morning, your majesty," a passerby greeted, bowing with undying respect. Everyone in Zora's Domain loved the people that ruled them, because they were so fair and treated them as equals since the beginning of their race.

"Oh please, just call me Sidon," the prince consolidated, waving his hand politely. "What are you up to today?" He asked the smaller Zora.

The Zora told him that they were planning on traveling to Ploymus Mountain to get a few pictures of the Lynel for his girlfriend since she was so fascinated with those vicious creatures. Sidon warned him to be very careful, that one wrong move could get him very endangered. The guy said he didn't care about danger, he just wanted to give his girl the best gift he could. Link, standing behind Sidon just listening in to the conversation, was moved by how much the Zora loved his girlfriend.

After that sweet interruption, Link was brought to the throne room, where the king sat idly until he saw the two walk in. That was when a bright smile met the king's previously dull face.

"Why hello, son!" Dorephan greeted, attempting to wave to his best ability. Sidon beamed back, and Link just waved shyly. He wasn't sure what to do with no voice, and to pretend to be a lady.

Dorephan then focused his attention on Link. "Now, is this the lucky little lady who won the heart of the prince?" Dorephan asked politely, smiling at the Hylian with reverence. Sidon decided to answer for him.

"This is... Esther. She's the one I gave the Sapphire to last night," Sidon explained, and Link just cleared his throat. The shorter man felt awkward. Very awkward.

-

When the prince and Link got back to his quarters, Link was able to manage one word throughout the entire day.

"Esther?" He croaked, and Sidon laughed gracefully.