Leaving

Ever since Link saved Sidon, the prince has been so grateful to him. Maybe a little too grateful. For the past four weeks, he's been following Link around everywhere, trying to assist him. It was like he was Link's personal servant, not the upcoming king.

That night, Link had asked if Sidon could leave him alone. The prince asked why he would ask that, and Link responded with silence. The conversation ended, and they both eventually went to sleep.

In his dreams, Link thought about his relationship with Sidon. Was he truly meant to be here? Did the Goddess guide him here for a specific reason? To Sidon? Or was it just mere coincidence?

Sidon was important to him, Link knew, but he just didn't understand why he felt so out of place. Honestly, he was really considering just running away and never returning. For Link, that seemed like the best option.

Link woke up as he still heard the pitter-patter of the rain, which meant it was nighttime still, and grabbed his raincoat. He ran away, but this time, he was planning to return.

---

Atop Ploymous Mountain, he could see everything. The glowing lights of Zora's Domain, Hyrule Castle free from the Calamity, and most of all, the true beauty of his homeland.

There was only one problem. He forgot that there was still a Lynel on the mountain peak, so he had to run for his life once he got there. Shock arrows flew left and right as he tried to dodge them with all his stamina. Even the Lynel was almost faster than him, but thank goodness Link had brought his Zora Armor.

Link jumped as far as he could to reach the water, and let the riptide carry him to wherever it took him. Eventually he started to run out of stamina, so he jumped on the nearest ledge he could. Link grabbed onto a ledge on the cliff, catching his breath.

A sudden breeze made his hair ruffle in the wind and sent a chill down his spine. It was getting dark, and he needed some shelter and a source of warmth. He was NOT going back to Zora's Domain, at least not tonight. He needed something to warm him up, but just as he put the thought in his head to set up a campfire, it started to pour rain. How convenient.

Link grabbed a couple of pieces of wood and stacked them against a boulder and cuddled up under there, sort of like a small hobo house. He was still very chilly, though. Link went through his pockets to find anything warm to wear, and eventually felt something soft and balmy. He decided to pull it out of the quiver.

It was a light blue linen scarf with a design of Vah Medoh on it. It was Revali's.

Link knew he still had more memories to recover. And this memory had fit all the puzzle pieces together. Him and Revali...

That's why he didn't feel right being here with Prince Sidon. He was still in love with Revali, and didn't even realize it.

Maybe he needed more time away than he thought.