Lifesaver

Weeks after the funeral, and Sidon was already back and better than ever. Link was a little confused about how fast the prince had recovered, but he was grateful that all the kingdom's burdens weren't on his back anymore. Damn, is it hard to be royalty.

Link shrouded himself in a blanket and let his toes go close to the fire, bristling in the warmth. His feet had been freezing after having to wear those wet boots all day. The blanket was made out of the fur coat of a Silver Lynel he had slain a while ago, gross if you think about it, yes, but it was actually very warm and comforting after you clean it off.

After some intervals of time by relaxation, Link pulled out the letter left beside King Dorephan, and decided to get his revenge. Just as he read the words over and over, and tried to conjure in his mind what the king had done to threaten the Yiga Clan so even to take the Zora's life, and when Link realized, all on his own, he froze.

It was all his fault. Link was here, and that alone put anyone around him in grave danger.

That meant the one closest to him would be next. And who would that be—

"Princess Esther! It's an emergency!" Link heard a voice down the hall call out to him, and he immediately pulled on a dress and some lipstick as fast as he could. Though in this panicky moment, he didn't care if he looked like a mess.

Seconds later, the door practically broke down with old Muzu collapsed on the floor.

"Prince Sidon..." he wheezed, putting a hand to his chest for oxygen support, "he's been attacked. In front of Mipha's Statue."

Oh shit. He should've known. Sidon was next. Link sprinted out the doorway, down the shortest route of corridors, and down the staircase in the center of the domain. There, he saw the most terrifying scene he had ever witnessed in his life. Not because it was so gruesome, thought it was dramatic for a reason, but because the one that had been hurt, the one that was surrounded by medics trying to heal him, was one of the most important people to Link in the world.

The Hylian scrambled over, trying not to trip over the soggy dress, and knelt down beside the prince. Thank the Goddess Link  had his bag with him, otherwise this situation would've turned out much differently.

"Everyone, back away," he ordered, and when everyone except for the medics backed away, he raised a brow. "I meant everyone, not everyone but the medics. Move!"

The medics shared panicked glances. "I'm very sorry, Princess Esther, but we're in a very grave situation. Please speak to Your Majesty when he's gained consciousness."

Link glared at the lot of them. "Do you trust your Princess? If you cannot trust me, then you don't deserve to be here. If you can, then please feel free to get out of my way."

After a bit of hesitation, the medics moved away. Link briskly pulled out a small bottle with pink liquid and a red heart painted on the front. He popped off the cap, and gently tilted the prince's head upwards, pouring the potion into Sidon's mouth. He only poured a few drops until he whispered, "C'mon, honey. Take a sip. It's only made of Moblin horns and radishes."

After hearing Link's words, it's like Sidon magically regained consciousness. The prince smiled, and gulped up the potion.

"Thank you, Link," Sidon whispered so quietly that it was only reserved for the Hylian's ears. Link nodded coolly, as if nothing happened, and sort of winked at him meaning, 'anytime you need me.'

The crowd cheered, cried, and did just about anything to show their appreciation for their prince being alive. Sidon's hand moved over to lace with Link's, but Link didn't return his held hand because one, it was weird when Link was covered in Sidon's blood from knee to toe, and two, Sidon was in too much pain right now and too much physical contact might just kill him again.

Link was starting to feel like he was really a prince, though he was still being referred to as "princess." Through it all, though, he wouldn't have asked for anything better.

The only problem was, after building this much of a relationship with the prince, Link still needed to stop the wedding. Even though to everyone else it seemed perfectly fine, Link still felt like something was wrong, out of place. He never felt that spark like he did before when he was in love. Was it because it was a hundred years later, and he was old, maybe just too old for romance anymore? Was it because he and Sidon just really didn't match up? Or was it because he hadn't moved on from the person from before?

Maybe it was all of them, who knows?