Return

Upon awaking, Link noticed he had used the scarf memento as a pillow. The blue cloth was thick and cushiony, and still held the clean, refreshing scent that reminded him of Revali and would trigger nostalgic memories in the Hylian's dreams. Link wasn't too hungry, so he decided to just take a few bites from an apple before he took off.

Link's mind spun wildly as he made it back to Zora's Domain. After all these years... through the war, the deep sleep, and now beyond the Rito Champion's death, had he still been with Revali? If he was set to marry Sidon now, even if against his will... was he betraying his first love?

Link latched onto the scarf tightly in his fists. The wind rose and blew his hair into his eyes as he trekked carefully down the cliffside. It was a bright, sunny day; the Lynels were long gone before the next crimson moon, but Link still held his bow in his grip in case danger dared to strike. As he approached the waterfall, he quickly threw his Champion's Tunic into his chairdrobe bag and threw on his Zora gear.

He stood in the water for a few seconds, the flow of the stream trickling the tips of his toes and making him shiver from the low temperature. He looked down upon the bright lights from the beaming sun shining upon Zora's Domain. The beauty of the lakes ripples and waterfalls accustomed to the glimmer of the Zora structures made Link's eyes twinkle in awe. Nothing so spectacular could be seen before his eyes, but yet there it was.

Link shook his head, snapping out of his daze, and took a sharp dive off the edge of the waterfall. The water was tough on his thin armor and sensitive skin, and the coolness of the splash seemed to wake him up quite instantly.

Upon his landing in the pool at the end of the falls, Link slicked his golden hair back out of his face and gently wiped the water out of his eyes before they got irritated. He then swam out, and dried off; trying not to be seen in the process.

After he was fully dried off and took a swig from his bottle of water, Link searched through his back to find his royal dress. He looked through every corner of the bag, but to no avail did he find the dress. Link decided he would just have to sneak into Sidon's room somehow without being seen, since that's probably where he left it.

He took the alternate route to the Zora Palace, behind the bedrooms, and found the one room that had a lavish window frame coated in gold and a chandelier shining from the inside. Link used stasis on a nearby log and rapidly sprinted across his self-made bridge in order to hang onto the window in time. Once the log fell, and Link got a good grip on the windowpane, he — first thanked the goddesses that it was unlocked — pulled it open and slipped through.

His dress was neatly folded on the bed, so he jumped into the garment, pulled his hair up into a neat, bobby-pinned bun, and put on a little bit of lipstick before rushing out of the room to find the prince.

Link found Sidon sitting next to his father's throne with a solemn expression. He was muttering in a soft tone as he spoke to Dorephan's resting place.

"Without you, without Mipha, without my love... I am so lonely. I hope they come back soon. They are the only person left here whom I can trust. You and Mipha did not deserve your fates. You were both gone too soon!" Sidon began to burst into tears, his large clawed hands wiping the works away much slower than they came. "You both deserved to live a long, happy life. Dad, you were the greatest father and king I could have ever asked for. I would not be the man I am today without your constant advice. And Mipha — the most caring and loving princess to ever live; and the greatest older sister in the world. You both were just taken away! It's - it's not fair. You both were too good."

As Sidon mourned, Link watched distantly as his heart tore. He too missed Mipha dearly. She was one of the nicest people Link had ever met. She was elegant, witty, and probably one of Link's closest friends.

Link strode quietly towards Prince Sidon, as the Zora shook gravely in the center of the throne room. Sidon quickly looked up as he heard Link's footsteps. His yellow hues widened.

"Link — I mean, Esther!" The maroon prince spurted over to the Champion and pulled him into a tight embrace. Sidon bent down and buried his face in Link's soft locks, and Link could feel Sidon's warm breath on his scalp as he spoke. "I should be mad at you... for you know, running off without telling me... but I just missed you so much."

Link smiled comfortably as he felt a droplet of tears tickle his cheek and held Sidon back lightly. He started to feel like he was at home.