Chapter 02: I'll take you in [Even if it's 24th Century, One can still...]

chAptEr 02:
i'LL tAkE yOU in
[EvEn if it's 24th cEntUrY, OnE cAn stiLL gEt firEd]

I

  "MY FUTURE is ruined."

Some passers-by noticed the blonde youth sitting on the pavement as he looked at the sky like it was about to crash down on him, but didn't pay further thought to it. Just looking at the majestic building behind him which was Eden's Jurisdiction Bureau, they immediately understood why he acted this way.

Vampires brought from the outside all complained and howled in similar manner once they realized that they were trapped in this city henceforth, so it was nothing new to the residents of Eden. It's just, with his face — he seemed so pitiful that they couldn't help but glance twice in his direction. Everyone liked aesthetic things and beautiful people, even more so vampires who were all used to being more beautiful than each other.

Mikhael glanced at his wristband — or restrainer as it's called, unaware of their thoughts.

Although he had heard the rumors from the outside, he never properly investigated the existence of these things. Eden was surrounded by some kind of a mana field — which was most likely a product of some spell-caster's boredom — that prevented vampires from going outside.

Of course, the very thought of making that barrier wasn't all that impossible if proper Armaments were to be used — made by skilled spell-casters that knew their stuff. It wasn't like the cheap kind of fancy grimoires and weapons you could get on eBay... Well, some witches and spell-casters DO get desperate and actually go along with selling them there for real. Poverty is a scary thing, since witchcraft and mana forging doesn't pay off as much as one would think — and was actually a pit that devoured money like crazy! Not to mention, people who can make such complicated Armaments and spells can barely be counted on two hands.

So people that can make a barrier like this... Do they even exist?

Mikhael also doesn't think that a decent spell-caster capable of making an OP barrier can appear just a single year after the Great War, so there must be some kind of scam in this entire deal! Especially since the resources to make something like a barrier surrounding the entire city on the level of New York can't possibly take only less than one year to gather! Edens have existed for a while now, and this city — the first and oldest Eden in the world, was created nineteen years ago, just ten months after the Great War ended.

The best barrier in the world... Before Mikhael intentionally messed it up — was in the core of the Vatican and it still took these guys a few centuries to complete it. One should know, of all spell-casters in existence — Popes who ruled over the Vatican were always the best light spell-casters of their generation!

A single Pope can easily defeat all other spell-casters born in the same generation as themselves.

To put it in another way; Vatican had light spell-casters before humans even began to evolve into them on a large scale — so one can imagine the effort used to raise them, including the power behind them used to seek such talented individuals. Not to mention that the Vatican precisely found one such Pope every twenty years despite the rarity of spell-casters in the past — which further explains the difficulty behind that barrier's creation.

Yet!

While it took the best spell-casters centuries to make one, vampires now easily found another so soon? "It's even more ridiculous when you try to compare the two." These vampires sure are lucky... Or unlucky. Not to mention that it was Hunters who associated with spell-casters more than vampires did.