Chapter 04: Killing Intent [A Fake Abomination made by Hunters]

cHAptEr 04:
kiLLinG intEnt
[AbOminAtiOn mAdE bY hUntErs]

I

     "SO, YOU'RE saying that you heat the stove..."

"Yes."

"You just put the sugar in the pot."

"Yes."

"Wait until it becomes liquid and brown."

"Yes."

"Add water."

"Sure."

"Then add a single blood pill?"

"Uh-huh."

"And that's it?"

"If you really want to, you can just use milk instead of water, but I don't know how it's going to taste with a blood pill."

"..." Ethan's eyes narrowed in suspicion. "That really is everything!" And Mikhael didn't know if he should laugh or cry.

"That's how you made this oddly satisfying drink that is some kind of a... sugar tea?"

"Yes, that's how you make brown sugar milk tea." One variation of it, at the very least. Without milk. Or tea. To be honest, Mikhael really had no idea what to call it at this moment. "What the hell is this sorcery?!"

To sum it all up, after he defeated the Noble guy, Mikhael went to the kitchen to prepare some food for Cera. So far, he hasn't really been thirsting for blood so the cynical Half-blood guessed that he was still fine — escaping shouldn't be too troublesome even if he does end up exposing himself. Mikhael used to have a decent collection of vampire blood in the past, but most of it got wasted over the course of the past twenty years.

And because he's been hiding after an incident in the past, Mikhael couldn't go around hunting other vampires for the blood.

On top of everything, thanks to the world knowing about the existence of night-walkers and W.E.R.P. doing their patrols everywhere, it became difficult for Mikhael to even move around and hunt for prey. Even the vampires that have been brought to Edens would get a nice ransom if they reported another vampire that had no Blessing if they saw one outside. And if that couldn't get any worse, Mikhael had even offended the Vatican and had its entire force sent after his head right now.

As for how exactly he offended them...

Provoking them for 400 years, stealing every single precious artifact they had, meddling with their Pope selection, walking on their holy grounds unperturbed, ruining their grand formation that can trap even a Pureblood inside, stealing their Holly Scripture and finally raising a Pope who had ruined over two thousand years long tradition — twice — until he finally took away their only weapon that the Purebloods feared...

And that's not even the tip of an iceberg!

Not to mention, Mikhael who was unable to drink human blood at the moment really wasn't willing to leave the city and face that mad bunch outside. But staying by the side of Purebloods he's been avoiding his entire life was even worse than almost becoming Vatican's Pope twice.

'What a difficult choice to make, really.'

"My conviction is waning." After seeing the way they treated him here, the lazy Half-blood became reluctant to part with his new room. He still had to see what job he'd be assigned to before making a further decision, though. Mikhael wasn't sure what currency they used here in Eden, but he now had a decent room and fresh ingredients in this place for free — so how could he willingly go out and spend money? If he were to go out... He would probably be forced to buy these himself?