**Chapter 17: Truth [Digging One's Own Grave]

NSFW AHEAD

cHaPteR 17:
tRutH
[diGiNG oNe'S oWN gRaVE]

I

   TO SUMMARIZE what followed after Ethan witnessed the shameful confrontation between the trio, he knocked Mikhael on the head and dragged him with Dominique and Amelia into a nearby hotel. He then proceeded to calmly stare at them until they decided to confess everything on their own.

Dominique was Mikhael's friend, but also a person that owed Mikhael far too many favors to count since Mikhael helped him hide from even more people that wanted to beat him up until the present day. And Mikhael was also the one that borrowed him money all the time — with Dominique's constant brothel visits and brawls, it's probably only the wealthy Half-blood who can afford to raise this Casanova for all those centuries. But Mikhael never knew that Dominique was a Pureblood and only thought of him as a special Higher Noble — since Purebloods can't be recognized unless they revealed their aura on their own.

As for Amelia... She was Mikhael's disciple that was unfortunate enough to get acquainted with Dominique while the blond Casanova was scheming against others together with Mikhael on her first mission as a vampire Hunter.

Mikhael carried around this newbie Huntress, while Dominique was an uncontrollable variable that came whenever, wherever to scam him out of money and couldn't be avoided. And then the two of them got... Swindled into marriage ten years ago, thanks to the very same Mikhael who was responsible for their meeting in the first place.

Thinking about his last meeting with Dominique five years ago, Ethan felt like everything finally made sense. 'So that's why he gave her to me...'

In the end, Ethan sighed before being the first to speak and explained to Mikhael who seemed like he would jump out to stab Dominique at any given moment now. "He is my royal brother."

"..." Mikhael froze. Although he got it, it hurt to actually have someone verbalize his guess.

"So to say, a Pureblood."

"...Dominique is?" Somehow, those two words really couldn't go together in his head.

"Golden Scribe Nestling above Clouds, that's him." Ethan, unaware of Mikhael's mental breakdown, kindly continued to introduce his brother to him.

"What the fuck, you traitor! When did you join the Royals? I thought we were best friends!?" He finally snapped out of daze. Mikhael might not know Purebloods' names and faces, but he did know their modifiers! The second oldest Pureblood, Golden Scribe Nestling above Clouds also known as the Lord of Destruction, one of the two blood royals fighting for the position of "Blood Prince" whose faction doesn't lose to the oldest Pureblood... How the hell is someone as silly as Dominique even akin to that terrifying guy!

'Damned blood of the Ancients!!' To think that he's been this close to an actual legit Pureblood for centuries and almost got discovered! Fortunately, Mikhael was suspicious of Higher Nobles the most!

Yes, even more so than Purebloods!

It's precisely because those guys are so loyal to Purebloods that he fears them more than the final six BOSSes themselves — so Mikhael never showed his real skill to Dominique no matter how close they got!

Dominique might know a thing or two about Mikhael being special, but he never asked, and Mikhael... Probably never showed his tails, so he was safe regarding some more dangerous secrets. For someone who had a lot to hide from the royal family of vampires — getting involved with their loyal minions was no different than seeking death!