parents (03.)

after dinner, you and bruno were laying in bed, relaxing, after he had put your three year old twins to bed and you tidied up the kitchen

"i am so tired," you complained exhaustedly, closing your eyes, while leaning against the headboard. "me too. i love our monsters to death but shit. they have too much energy," he chuckled, retrieving his book from the nightstand. he propped himself against the headboard as well and began reading silently.

you had drifted into a light slumber, only to be awaken 30 minutes later by your two sons swinging your door open.

"mommy, daddy... we're scared..." one of your sons said, as he stuck his thumb into his mouth. "oh, baby, of what?" you asked, sitting up straight. "of the lighting," you turned your head, only to realize that it had started pouring out. "come on, munchkins. you can sleep us tonight," bruno said as he lifted the cover and scooted just enough to fit both of your children in the middle. they jumped into bed, and bruno tucked them in.

you cuddled one while bruno the other and soon enough, they were both snoring lightly.

"man, i wanted to get some tonight," he pouted. "you're so dumb," you giggled. you stretched your arm over the boys and began running your fingers through his hair, causing him to close his eyes momentarily. he tilted his head up and kissed the palm of your hand. soon, you and your three babies were all snuggling and sleeping peacefully.

the sun peeping through the blinds and the sound of the birds chirping is what woke you up the next morning. you looked over to the right side of the bed only to see one of your sons with his head facing the other direction and his tiny foot on bruno's cheek while the other was literally sleeping on top of him. and yet, bruno was dead asleep. your heart melted at the view, snapping a quick picture and setting as your new lock screen.

you rose from the bed, trying to make as minimal noise as possible. you headed to the bathroom where you brushed your teeth and rinsed your face. you exited the room and into the kitchen to start on breakfast. knowing that they all liked waffles, that's what you made and added some strawberry slices on top.

you were setting the plates on the table when bruno walked in with one twin in each of his arms. "waffles!" they all exclaimed pretty much drooling. they were all about to dive in, when you intruded. "uh, uh. have you washed your hands?" the three looked at each other and then back at you and smiled sheepishly. you pointed your finger in the direction of the sink where they all got up and washed their hands.

you all sat together enjoying your breakfast, discussing on how you'd like to spend your saturday. "mommy, can we stay home? i want to spend time with daddy," your little one said, climbing onto bru's lap and snuggling against his chest. "that sounds perfect, baby boy. we can watch disney movies all day in our pj's," bruno said enthusiastically. "yay! we can watch cars and moana and the lego movie and toy story and cinderella and all of them," he jumped, running to the living room and taking the movies out.

"i am moana of motunui. you will board my boat and restore the heart to te fiti," the four of you were sitting indian-style on the huge couch with a bunch of snacks and junk food surrounding you and watching moana.

hearing the giggles of your children and your husbands because heihei was screaming once he realized he was in the ocean was so heartwarming. you didn't know what you ever did to deserve them but you were eternally grateful. you looked over at bruno and entwined your fingers, enjoying the rest of the film.

***

i don't know how i feel about this one. but please comment and tell me what you think. it motivates me to continue writing.
-e 🥀