mr.hernandez (09.)

"i expect a full report on my desk tomorrow by 8:45am

"i expect a full report on my desk tomorrow by 8:45am. thank you for your attention," mr.hernandez dismissed the class, turning off the projector. you gathered your belongings and shoved them in your book bag and slinging it over your shoulder.

straight away, you headed to the library that was located on the other side of campus, anxious to start on your report. the topic assigned to you was on the salem witch trials, in which you had to explain all that went on during the hearings and prosecutions. personally, you were fascinated with the subject.

you entered the library and found a table in the back. you scurried to it quickly, not wanting anyone else to take it. you began searching in the history section of the library, where you found six textbooks that had information on your topic.

captivated by the horrendous things people in the 1690's went through, you completely lost track of time. "miss, it's 9:45pm. it's closing time," the old librarian said, looking at you through her reading glasses. you looked around only to find the library vacant. "oh, i'm so sorry! i wasn't aware that it was this late," you said. "oh, no worries! i've been working here for 45 years and i still lose track of time myself. i love it here. would you like to check these out?" she giggled and asked, pointing to the books. you nodded and placed your report in your bag.

after checking the books out, you left and made your way to your car. carrying six textbooks was not easy and being the clumsy person that you are, you tripped over your own feet. the books landed everywhere and you groaned, exasperated.

"here, let me help," you looked up and saw mr.hernandez approaching you. he kneeled and began piling the books, one on top of the other. "thank you," you smiled politely, getting off the floor and dusting your clothes.

"so what are these for? your report?" he asked, following you to your vehicle. "mhm. i must say, the salem witch trials is very interesting," you commented. "i know. it's one of my favorite topics to write about," he smiled at you, teeth and all, causing your heart to skip a beat. you never really realized how attractive your teacher was until now.

once you reached your car, he placed the books in the back seat and closed the door. "thanks," you repeated again. he stood beside you, his hands shoved in his trousers. "well, i'll see you tomorrow. i'll be anticipating your report. good night!" he waved as he walked away and disappeared into the darkness of the parking lot.

*two months later*

you had developed a crush on mr.hernandez. ever since the incident that night, you could not stop thinking about him. the way he looked at you, the way he smiled; it was consuming you. every day in class, you'd just stare, not paying much attention to the lesson. and the fact that the two of you hung out at times, made matters worse.