moving on (05.)

"y/n, please," bruno pleaded, trying to stop you from shoving your belongings into your suitcase

"y/n, please," bruno pleaded, trying to stop you from shoving your belongings into your suitcase. "bruno, don't make this harder than it has to be," you whimpered as tears blurred your vision.

"why are you packing? what did i do?" he felt helpless not knowing what it was he did wrong. he racked his brain for the many possibilities but found none. as you put clothes in, he took them back out.

"bruno! stop being so childish!" you yelled, overwhelmed with all kinds of emotions. "no! tell me why you're packing your shit! was it something i did? was it s-," you cut him off abruptly, "yes! it was something you did! you are always touring or working in the studio! do you even remember that you have a girlfriend?!"

both of you were screaming at this point, angry and hurt by each others negligence. you hadn't realized that you were crying until tears splashed on the palm of your hand. 

"you know that touring is a part of my job!" he stood at the entrance of the room, watching you. "i know what your job consists of! and i'm happy that you get to do what you love, but i only see you for two weeks out of the entire year! how the fuck do you expect me to be okay with that?!"

he walked over to you and took a hold of your waist and hugged you against him. you clung to him, your tears soaking his thin t-shirt.

"i love you, i do. i love you more than i have ever loved anyone. but i can't keep doing this. i deserve more," you whispered against his chest. he sighed and released you from his embrace. he too, was crying.

you kissed his lips one last time before exiting your former-shared-home.

*5 months later*

breaking up with bruno was one of the hardest decisions you've ever had to make. he was your first real love and to have to end things was heart-shattering.

since your guys' split, you hadn't open yourself to any other man. you were too emotionally distraught. bruno, however, moved on pretty quickly. you couldn't blame him. you were the one who ended things after all.

but to see him all cuddled up and happy with the one and only jessica caban, it angered you; made your skin crawl. not because he was happy, no. but because it was supposed to be you. it was supposed be you who he took on dates. it was supposed to be you who he got engaged to.

it'd only been 5 months, how in love with her could he possibly be?

tonight was the grammy's and you received an invitation. you were surprised seeing as you were no longer with bruno, but you decided on attending. a night out with some of your favorite artists seemed like the perfect idea.