Chapter 2: Town

Ever since the Great War ended, the monsters who actually survived had a extremely difficult time trying to find a place to settle and live on in peace. Any village with only humans, will not even help a monster that is sick or old, and they do this not of hate, but of fear. Humans can be monsters them selves after all.

"Hey look ahead, there is the towns gate!" Said Venus

"Great we can finally get some rest." Assured Dale

"Umm. Dale?"

"Yah"

"... You know what, never mind"

Venus wanted to tell Dale if they can actually stay in the town for even longer, but that could make Dale mad.

The silence shattered, as a scream rang out.

Both of the ears of Dale and Venus perked up, and were pointing to the direction of the town. Someone was in trouble.

***

When Venus and Dale got to the center of the town, there was a large circle of people surrounding two figures.

When Dale and Venus shimmied their way to the center of the circle to see a woman kneeling on the ground, and I man in fancy clothes holding a baby.

"PLEASE GIVE ME MY BABY!!!" Pleaded the woman.

"NOT UNLESS YOU GIVE ME YOUR TAXES!" Yelled the other man.

"I-I CAN'T MY HUSBAND IS SICK! AND I NEED THE MONEY FOR MEDICIN, JUST PLEASE GIVE ME MY BABY!"

Venus had a disgusted face, and right went she was about to lunge, Dale stepped in

"Can you wait here?" Dale said in a grim exspresion. I nodded in frustration.

"I DONT CARE!" The man pulled out a sword and started threatening to kill the baby, the woman was screeming, and before the man stabed the baby, the whole world seemed to stop. And within a split- second, Dale put his hand on the man's shoulder. The man stopped in his tracks to turn around, to look at Dale. Before the man knew it the woman had her baby at hand. Venus saw it, Dale had quickly grabbed the baby, within the split second, and stormed it back to the mother. Venus had her eyes, and Dale had his speed.

"What do you think you are doing?" Dale said as calm as he can, but his exspression still wanted to kill the man, "COLLECTING TAXES!" Yelled the man,

"Interesting." Dales fist grew tighter, Venus still in the crowd knew he was about to fight. Oh god Venus did not want to see that. Whispers glutted about"is that a monster?" grew louder to the point to where even the screaming man can hear.

"Hmmm...Taxes? I see no money, I see you trying to kill a baby! Wow." Dale's eye started to burn intensely blue. Suddenly the horrified tax collector started to flee, but on silent command, chains grew and emerged out of the ground, constricting the tax collector so he can not move.

"I do really want to kill you. Speaking of which, did you know that in the monster kingdom, law number 7 says if you threaten a baby to death, that is execution for you?" Dale smirked.

"PLEASE DONT KILL ME!" Pleaded the man

"Well my sister is here and I'm not that blood thirsty, soooooo, I'll reconsider" Dale sneered, suddenly a thorn covered chain wrapped around the man's arm and persevered to crush the limb, the man screamed in pain when the chain crushed his arm.

"But you must NEVER come back" Dale said stiff as stone. He then released the tax collector, whilst the man was crying and limping away in the snow. Dales eyes where like stilts, his wolf like nature made him aggressive. When the Tax collector was out of sight, Dale took a breather and went back to Venus.

"DALE!" Tears where at the corner of her eyes,

"P-please don't ever do that again." Venus reached in for a hug. "Ok, but I can't promise every thing to that y'know." Dale responded. 

A/N: I hope you like this chapter!!! Love y'all!ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ