Run. Chapter 3

Later that morning I went back as myself. I still had that book. I didn't really want it now that I've read it. I wanted food... maybe if I played good, I would get food.

"You again?" the male asked when I looked to him. I wasn't even up to the door yet.

"W-Well... I kind took your book and I w-wanted to give it back?" I say with a nervous smile. He sighed, letting my past to put it away.

"Now don't come back." He ordered. I frowned.

"Do you live alone here?" My voice was concerned despite me knowing the answer.

"..." He didn't say anything. I felt awkward.

"S-Sorry..." I mumble then walk out the door. He shuts it quietly as I continue to walk away, suddenly worried I wouldn't have my goal if he kept me out like this. Oh well... Plan B. steal some food. I already knew they had edible foods in the kitchen. I needed to eat soon though... and sleep.

Night came around and I snuck in through the gamer boy's window again. I found a note where mine once was.

'Dear thief,

Thanks for returning it.

Why this house? Any

Other homes?

BEN~'

I read it carefully then took it up and placed it in my bag as I left to go downstairs and into the kitchen to eat.

"How long has it been.... 10 days? I need to eat more!" I chide softly as I dig in the fridge for something that I really wanted. Then I found cheesecake.

"Oh.... My god... It's been like a year since I've had this!" I say happily and look around for a knife before remembering I shouldn't leave a trace.

"Damn... If I use something... I have to take it.... Ugh..." I groan as I slip my mask down and pull out my knife to cut it my own way and eat it with said knife. I only ate small portions due to the rations I was used to. But I savored each bite like it was my last.

"It's been too long..." I mutter and put the plate of cheesecake back then pull out an apple. I bit it then sighed. Everything made me want to eat more. It sucked.

I put everything back in it's place, minus the apple which I ate then went up to Ben's room again. I pulled up my mask just in case he was up and he was, playing something on the computer. I didn't mind so I laid on his bed, waiting for him to notice I was here.

Trust me, I have never heard a guy scream so loud.

"Hello." I say calmly, laughing a little. He glared at me then got up. I reached for my knife. Both of us stopped.

"So who are you?" he asked but the sound of footsteps made my glance at the door then back at him.

"I'm someone who needs to leave now. So I'll drop by soon." I say as I get up and go over to his window. I felt his hand on my upper arm.

"You... be careful." He said then let go and I climbed out the window, turning to him and winking just as the door is opened by the blue masked person. I leapt down, running away again.

((AN: This good? Am I cool yet? I gave a short chapter.))