Unavoidable. Chapter 17

(Y/n)'s POV

I stitched myself up, glancing out the window now and again to check how badly they were hurt. I betrayed them, yet didn't knock any of them out like Cupid did. In fact, Cupid didn't care much for my life. Not after she shot me five times and left me to die in the hands of slender knowing well that he didn't care for me or like me.

I fell asleep, hidden away under a blanket and in a corner. Nightmares clawed their ways up, waking me up every few hours. Each time I was forced to check to see if I was alive. At one point I thought I was dead. It wasn't fun.

Night came back around, I slept during the day until I felt safe enough to get some supplies from the lower levels. Water, food, alcohol, and medicine. That's all I needed.

"She protected us though!" EJ said as I neared the dining room door. I had wondered why it got quiet. They had a meeting.

"I forced her into the path!" Toby growled back.

"But did she hurt any of you?' Grinny hissed back. A round of 'No's went so I got the courage to step out.

"And why would I?" My voice echoed in the room as they all turned to me. Grinny smiled a little then Smile bounded over to me, circling me a few times before jumping up on his hind legs to lick my face.

"S-See... The pets accepted me. Grinny was the- ack Smile!" I was pushed down and he kept licking me with happiness.

"I was the first to know she was here. But it's not like I cared at the time. She was lonely." Grinny finished for me. I shot him a smile then pushed the dog away for a second, sitting up.

"In other words.... I've kinda hid here." I show a nervous smile as Jeff gets up, like Bloody painter and Judge Angels.

"Right. In the attic." Jeff growled and I looked at the floor. He made it seem a lot worse than I wanted it to be.

"I'm sorry I don't have the best place to live. Nor the rights to stay here. In fact, I'm surprised no one has taken the chance to kill me. I don't belong with inhuman." I sigh, drawing out my knife and setting it on the floor. Jeff then lunges at me but Smile steps in front of him to protect me.

"Smile down." Jeff growled, focused on me rather than his dog. Smile didn't move.

"D-Down please." I tell him and he does as he's told, Jeff sending daggers at me. Silence comes back like a wall, none of moving.

"Why not keep her?" BEN asked suddenly. I looked at him with a confused look.

"I've seen her kill. I've seen her do a lot of things like us. So why not keep her until we get bored?" He said, making it seem more like he wanted property rather than a life of which it occurred to me they didn't think highly of humans. Jeff took another step towards me, now within arms reach he could end me. Although, I didn't care. I was still dying. I can't fix an internal wound that my heart had taken.

"I smell blood. She's bleeding." EJ said, suddenly getting up. I smirked then removed my shirt, the undershirt, tank top, was white but stained with blood.

"I got shot 5 times. One of those shots hit my heart. It's bleeding and-" I pause, feeling the urge to cough. I knew if I did, blood would be there...

"I'm dying anyway." I chide, petting Smile still. He understood like the rest of the room.