Grinny! Chapter 7

((AN: THAT PIC GIVES ME CREEPS SO HERE YA GO. NOW YOU GET SOME CREEPY DOGE. SMILE IS CUTE THO))
A week later, I had slowly returned the stolen items of this family, or whatever someone would call this place. I made the items almost hidden, like the consoles under BEN's bed and the watch in the couch seat. Like they just misplaced them. I put the pearl necklace on the counter and slowly gave back the silver cutlery. I did keep a set for myself, just so I could act human at least. In fact, I had a small setup that almost looked like a small room. Boxes of clothing, overflowed to my bed. A semi broken table was where I ate, with my teacup and set. I found a blanket which I washed while I was partly alone.

"And.... Now!" I tell myself as I jump down and quickly made my way down the stairs in into the kitchen. The door shut behind me quietly so I crept over to the pantry.

"Why are we having a stupid meeting?" BEN asked as I heard multiple people coming down the stairs into to dining room. I was trapped her so I hid beside the doorway to the dining room to hear what was happening. It was louder than I expected...

"Now that the little girl is gone, Can't we leave-" I heard Jeff begin so I smiled before walking over to the fridge and opening it. I almost didn't noticed the door open behind me but I did.

I glanced back then dove at the back door, pushing it open. Although, the tall being, Slenderman stopped me before I could disappear into the forest. I turned sharply and ran at the house, determined to get away so I activated my boots as I leapt at the wall, climbing quickly but I felt something around my waist, pulling me backwards and throwing me a small distance away. My body felt the impact when I rolled a few times, deactivating my boots in the painful haze I had. I felt my wrist burning strangely. Had I twisted it?

"It's her." I hear BEN say softly so I force myself up, looking around to see who I was against. Most of then were watching. I think they wanted to see my fight Slender. My gaze connects with BEN's but I look away, focusing on the taller one. I backed up, glancing at my reddening wrist. It didn't look good...

I turned and ran, knowing better than to fight. I wasn't going to kill someone because they found me... I didn't take that light. In fact, daylight made this whole thing harder. Something followed me; maybe more than one.

I climbed the tree, hoping to circle around but barking made me stop. I looked down at the husky mix, a beast of a dog. He barked a few more times, scratching at the tree. I smiled and moved my mask to show my smile.

"Down boy. Good smile." I say softly and slowly make my way down to him. I sat next to him, petting him quietly. A while later, a cat came around, his name being Grinning or Grinny. The both looked similar. Red and black fur with a human like smile. I pet him too but kept my mask up. I knew Grinny could talk, hearing it so many times next to me in bed. He was about the only one to know I lived there. Well... him and Smile. Both pets were kind to me.

"Do they know I live there?" I ask Grinny. He shakes his head, then raises his tail as I pet him fully, head to tail.

"Not yet. I'm sure one day they will. I like your company though." He purred and curled up in my lap, close to Smile whose head as resting on my crossed legs. I pulled my mask down to show him my smile.

"Thanks. I kinda like yours too." My voice was soft and his ears twitched a few times before he got up quickly.

"Seedeater and E.J. Both are coming this way." Grinny said so Smile got off and let me climb back up as they darted off in separate directions, Grinny turning for a second before vanishing to say, "See you later."

I smiled and hid carefully as the duo emerged from the bushes and searched for me. I waited a few minutes after he left to go back, being extra careful of how I got back in. Grinny had opened the window for me so all I did was climb up. I had difficulty with my wrist but managed.

"Thanks. I kinda need to fix my wrist now." I whisper as I take off my boots, making myself a lot quieter in just socks. The cat's eyes widen then he ran out to find me something I could use for the swelling injury. I took off my mask, took my hair down, took off the dark jacket to make myself at home. I am human after all.

I heard the door open and a small bag appeared followed by Grinny. He then told me that Smile was wanting to see me. I smiled and crawled over, looking down at the dog. He rose up on his hind legs so I pet him a few times then shooed him away so I wouldn't get caught.

"Now please fix yourself. I can't steal you food." he warned when I sat back down. I nodded then wrapped it, breaking an instant-ice to keep it for getting too bad.

"I know... That's the only reason I'm here unfortunately... to eat." I chirp and giggle when he glares, his tail flicking behind him.

"I'm joking!" I tell him quickly and he relaxed. We both knew I had nowhere else to go and no reason to leave. I didn't steal to get a reward, I stole to eat. And I did pay them back by doing small chores they may or may not notice. Like laundry. And dishes. And dusting. Just small things.