Chapter Eleven

Eleven

“Why would she be after Jade?!” Mark exclaimed, worried for my safety. Sweet, sweet Mark. I slumped down in my chair, my head was pounding. The vampire was after me, which meant that she could be anywhere, waiting to strike. The others were talking but I wasn’t listening. It wasn’t until Elliot said something that caught my attention.

“Why didn’t you get the Hawthorne’s involved?” He asked Smith.

“I wasn’t sure whether you trusted them or not.” Smith answered.

“You should let them know.” Mark said.

“Do you all trust them?” Smith turned to us all, obviously for us to vote whether or not we should.

“Completely.” I told him immediately.

“Yup.” Mark said.

“And me.” Elliot surprising me by agreeing but I wasn’t complaining. 

There was silence before Naomi spoke.

“I met the girl in Tescos, she was alright. I suppose they should know.” She muttered. Smith turned to me.

“Do you want to ring them?” He asked. “I presume you have their number.”

I blushed and rang Clinton. I turned it on loud-speaker.

“Jade?” He asked.

“Um…can you and Caroline and Richard get over to Smith’s? We…um…have more news. There’s another one here.”

There was silence on the other end before he answered again.

“We’ll be right over.” He hung up.

          We waited in silence for them to arrive and I stood up, leaning against the wall opposite the Sofa. Within a minute, there was a knock on the door.

“Come in!” Naomi called and in stepped the Hawthorne’s.

          Richard came in first, with his brown hair spiked and having to bend his head to get through the doorway. Then came Caroline with her browns waves and friendly smile. Clinton came in last, looking exactly the same as he had when I last saw him. I straightened up and shoved my hands in my pockets. Smith explained to them what he had to us, leaving the worst till last.

“And she’s after?” Richard asked him seriously. They hadn’t been shown the pictures. Mark held the one of my house up for them to see. Clinton froze, since he was the only one that had seen it before but the other two remained perplexed.

“She’s after Jade.” Mark explained to them. Richard and Caroline hissed. Clinton was in front of me within a flash, standing protectively close to me. Naomi cringed back in her chair from the movement.

“Dude! If you do that, I’m gunna accidentally stake you!” She exclaimed. Clinton narrowed his eyes but didn’t move. I had to look over his shoulder to see the others.

“It makes sense.” Richard deliberated.

“But what’s she done?” Caroline frowned.

Apart from being a badass vampire slayer and impossibly awesome, not much. I didn’t add that though.

“No more than the rest of us.” Smith answered. Elliot choked back a laugh but stopped when I glared at him.

My phone rang and I answered it.

“Hello?”

“Jade! where are you?!” It was Henry.

“I’m out, Dad. Obviously.”