Chapter Thirteen

You like? If so, please vote, comment, Fan maybe. All that crap. It would really be a big confidence booster :)

***************************************************************************************************************

Thirteen

          I’d avoided Henry for the rest of the week, lucky that I’d got back from the party, finding him not there and still at the pub with his colleagues. That saved me from getting grounded, like I would’ve for staying out so late on a school night if he had been home. In the morning, I woke up at the last minute for school as normal, him leaving before so we avoided any conversation and when I was home from school, I was in my room, boxing or on the laptop or watching TV. I knew it was only a matter of time for him to try and reason with me but at the moment, we kept any conversation to a brief and minimal “Hello,” and “goodbye”.

          What I didn’t expect from the week was that me drumming at the party had gotten popular. True to their word, Mark and Elliot had both posted a video of each song of us on Facebook, with loads of comments and likes. When I went into school at the end of the week, I had people in my year asking if it was really me that played and if it was real, not pretending to a CD.  The Hawthorne’s seemed to have seen the videos too, even though they didn’t have Facebook, because they couldn’t really say they were born in the 1840’s on their profile could they?! Someone must have showed them the videos, or they hacked Facebook. Interesting…

          Clinton had looked distant and thoughtful around me since the party, which he hadn’t been to, I might add. I hadn’t approached him about it, one because it didn’t do stuff like that. My job description was just punching and being awesome, nothing about sappy stuff about emotions. Except emotions around boys, I was good with them…         

          And two, I just hope that he was just…hungry if you get the gist. I know that the Hawthorne’s didn’t feed from humans because they said so and that if they did, they would behave more savage than they do. When I fight and kill and vampire, they don’t have much humanity in them, no love or feelings at all, it’s all kill, kill, kill but with the Hawthorne’s, they are as human as us, minus all the super speed and stupid powers that they get and we don’t.

          So anyway, I’d had enough of Clinton acting all wary and stuff around me so, when he picked me up for school in the morning, I was going to confront him, never mind if I wasn’t made for stuff like that. I got up, got dressed according to the sun and went outside. I’m glad that it’s sunny, even if it is only a month away from Christmas! I expected to find the Jag there but instead, Clinton had walked, seeing as it was nice out. I had been planning on the short time to Beth’s to get my feelings out without embarrassing myself but that seemed impossible now, stupid sun.

          “Football practice tonight?” Clinton asked as we started up the road. Football training had taken over my life, Matt and Courtney working us as hard as possible for the up and coming tournament that started at the end of the week.

“Yep. It’s the last chance we get before the tournament starts. Do you?”

“Yes, I think Matt wants to put us together, try something different for a change.” He nodded.

“You mean play boys vs. girls?” I thought about the ugly possibilities of those huge boys running and injuries occurring to the smaller girls on my team. Thankfully, Clinton shook his head.

“No, they want us to go into partners or something; I don’t know all that much about it. Ask Matt.”

I checked my Blackberry, telling Beth that we would be there in five minutes.