Chapter 3: Missing

Logan searched every where in their house. Under the sea shell ornament and above the seaweed bed. The plain house now stood out to Logan. He couldn't concentrate. Every part of his body were screaming out to him to call the Zone 3 police but there is a feeling in himself that told him not to.
Logan's eyes were starting to produce tears that were crystal clear. Either for his missing parents or his knocked out head. How could my parents be gone? I really don't care if I cry... Logan thought. Oh how touching! He stood in there thinking for a while, not sure what to do.
Double checking that his parents weren't home he swum to his neighbours house. On the outside his neighbour's house looked quite shabby but inside was the most comfortable home you've ever imagined. He knocked on the door. No answer. It was uncountably rude walking into another's home so Logan swam back down the steps and sat at the front of his porch.
A thought crept in his head that he should go to the Clearing. Just impulse really. Once again, past the colourful fish, he reached the clearing. Packs and masses of residents of Zone 3 were lined up in rows. Their eyes were cleared away. Even his friends from school were all lined up. Yet when he checked his watch, it was still school times.
Logan searched the crowd for Eleanor but she wasn't there. Thank goodness! Searching the rest of the lines, he found his family lined up. Brown eyes all washed away to plain white pupils. Though, their hair remained the same. Logan rushed to the front of the Clearing to find the Head of their Zone. He didn't care if the whole 'enslaved' army charged at him. All he wanted was for his family to be safe and come back to him.
"Head of Zone and Head Party! Please help! The.... The whole Zone is enslave for wiped out somehow, you've gotta help!" Logan screamed to the Heads in a strained voice while waving his arms about.
"We cannot help" A robotic voice replied. He turned his head and saw all the citizens heading towards him. Their arms were by their sides, so not zombie like, yet they still intimidated him? Logan started to panic, beads of sweat started to roll down his forehead. The citizens marched towards him, his hands tugging the loose ends of his hair. Why didn't he just think it through? In a few seconds he'll be like them. Blank. Enslaved. He felt that time has slowed, an order being barked out and the citizens nearly trampling over him.
Just as he was going to be trampled and taken away, an arm grabbed him from behind and pulled him to a nearby small cave. It's over. I'm dead. His mind processed bad thoughts. A voice broke the mist in his head.
"Hey there, you were definitely in danger!" Said the rescuer's voice. The cave was dim and dark so he couldn't see who pulled him in.
"I'm Eleanor, you know me," Eleanor said as she pulled out some water resistant bandages to cover up the gust of blood that was oozing out from his upper thigh.
"Oh...umm, hey! Thanks for you know.." Logan stammered. He was still freaked out to even notice Eleanor helping him.
"You know, do you have any idea what is going on here?" Eleanor asked still bandaging his leg.
Even by how the cave is dark, he swear Eleanor saw his cheeks redden.
"No, not really" Logan replied. How could he since he got tormented by the Robotic shark?
"I only know a little bit about this, but you know about colonies right, I think that they are starting another revolution of some sort," Eleanor said matter-of-factly and ushered Logan to a deeper part of the cave.
"I know absolutely nothing, apart from us being on Planet N.E.L.B. for no particular reason. Where's the Old planet? Why aren't we on land like we're supposed to?" Logan managed to continue as he winced at the pain. The bandage was on too tight.
Eleanor sighed and continued to talk, "To quickly summarise to you, there are four Zones of each element, and as you can see we are in the water element, you do know that we are in Zone 3 right? Continuing, the Heads of the colonies took us from Earth and brought us here because of a war of some sort, I dunno! But it seems that this planet was discovered and they brought us here." And with the end of that sentence, the two of them heard the shuffling noises of the enslaved people disappear.
"Come on, I think we can go now," Logan said, finally to say something useful.
"Okay" she agreed. Without much disagreement, the two went out to see what had happened.
"Coast clear!" Logan whisper-shouted as she waved for Eleanor to follow.
Logan and Eleanor sneaked out their hiding place and searched the area.
"What IS wrong? What happened?" Eleanor strained. The area was left deserted and they could just see the outline of the 'enslaved people' head in a direction further North.
"What are we going to do now?" Logan asked, feeling quite stumped since all his family and friends just disappeared as an angry mob.
"We go and find Tyle, he's probably not enslaved, for the same reason as both of us, and then we hunt for clues. I think he Telexted me that he got hit hard on his head with a weighted ball or something." She replied with a tense tone.
Tyle? Logan thought with an uncomfortable feeling. So there is another boy that Eleanor is communicating with... He shook the thought away. They arrived at what looks like Tyle's house and knocked three times. A boy, with blonde hair, stood in front of them. His handsome features made Eleanor blush like crazy.
"Hey Eleanor, and hey.... Logan? The boy who got mentally freaked by a Shark?" Tyle Cupola laughed, flicking his lengthy hair behind him. Compared to his hair and Tyle's, Tyle's looked better. Logan has dark brown hair which clashes with EVERYTHING. He made a mental note in his head to hate that guy.
"Umm hey Tyle!" Said both Eleanor and Logan.
"Sooooooo, what's going on? Whatcha guys doing here?" Tyle asked as he stole glances at Eleanor.
"Well, it's hard to explain and it's a loooooong story, so can we come please in?" Eleanor asked, still in daydream mode.
"Be my guest!"
The three of them headed to the lounge room where coral shaped couches and a dazzling pearl table, that only the rich could afford. While Tyle got out some fish slurpee, Eleanor told him all about people that were enslaved to their hidy hole and to them coming to his house.
"Interesting, that's why my parents and my siblings weren't here," he nodded.
"And you didn't go looking for them? What... That's just..." Eleanor spluttered. She looked abashed. Logan felt this cheerful sensation returning him.
"Why wouldn't you look for your parents, that's just shocking!"
"Look El, I don't exactly like my parents nor my siblings, they don't care about me, they care about my older brother, who is already 21 years old..." He trailed away with Eleanor constantly glaring at him.
"El?" Logan said. He felt a bit jealous of the way Tyle called her.
"Yeah, that's what Tyle calls me," Eleanor hesitated. The next couple of minutes were followed by silence. Here was the conversation that followed:
Tyle: So what?
El: Can you help us?
Tyle: For what?
Logan: I think I know, unenslave the people and find out about the Zones and our history and WHO WE ARE!
El: Calm down, but good idea...
Tyle: Yeah, team?
Logan: Okay, I've just got a question for you Eleanor, can I call you El?
El: Go ahead
Tyle: Together?
Logan: Forever and Ever
The three of them recited that a few times and decided that as their motto. Logan liked the dude Tyle more now. Jealousy is never the answer. He had those friendly gestures, no wonder Eleanor fancied him.
Logan repeated the phrase in his head again. Forever and ever.