Chapter 5: The Rise and The Fall

"You think it is sir?" One of Steph's colleagues said handing over a slip of paper to Head Steph.
"Yes, they are the ones, bring them to me, they have found too much. All the Nefarious and Enigmatic business is annoying me. They really shouldn't know." Head Steph replied with a frown, taking the paper from him.
"But they are the Called sir, they must know and they already do sir," another colleague stated. "Don't you dare interrupt me! We are not sure yet. Let me rephrase that. I am not sure yet. They might be people simply that know information more than average people." Head Steph barked then shrugged. "Leave me to the Test, just bring me the trio"
...
The so called trio didn't know where they were, only where they were heading to. The light from above faded away leaving only darkness. They also didn't know that the light has never faded completely before. Now it has.
  Normally, the light from above would fade enough for the Rise but not completely so darkness takes over, AND the light always returns. But now it is different. Completely different. The light disappeared and the darkness rolled over it, eating every fragment of the remaining brightness.
"Ummm, is it just me or is the water feeling colder and darker?" Said Eleanor, shivering in the dark.
"The Rise!" Logan said suddenly remembering, "Remember in class when the teacher told us about that when night comes, the Rise comes and darkness comes which is when something happens, I'm not sure, but then in the morning light comes back..."
"...Which therefore means that we need to be in bed, or asleep now." Finished Tyle folding his arms and finishing off his sentence.
"Yeah, but where? If we are just right above the Rise then it's really bad luck, but if we aren't, let's swim some more and try and find a cave either way, " Concluded Eleanor, ending both of their sentences.
   The darkness kept on creeping up until the ocean was pitch black like the ink that a squid squirts when it's in danger. Logan pointed out a small shelter-cave that can fit three people and headed towards it nudging the others to follow behind him.
"Thank goodness I brought a torch!" Eleanor sighed with relief with the others glancing the how-did-you-know-to-bring-a-torch look.
"Quick turn it on, I mean off, just follow me 'cause I think the swaggin' fish are gonna attack us if we show light. The light will attract the 'evil creatures' towards us," Tyle whispered to Eleanor.
   They squeezed into the miniature shelter that just managed to fit Tyle, because of his  size. After a few moments, they heard the silent noises of the Rise swim away. Logan caught a glimpse of an angry angler fish swim his way, its light illuminating the darkness of the cave and revealing their faces.
"Guys, this is bad, like really bad, I think one of the swaggin' fish saw me..." Logan whispered and quickly nudged his friends to be on alert.
   Before he even finished his sentence, the angler fish made a hiss sound that called for the other fish to come here.
"You're sure right!" Eleanor squeaked.
"On the count of three, we swim away as fast as we can, got that?" Tyle suggested.
"Yes," replied Eleanor and Logan nodding quietly.
"Remember when someone is hurt or injured, we help them, forever and ever." Eleanor quickly said, just to make sure.
"Forever and ever!" The boys chanted after her.
   They didn't have much time as the school of fish slowly swam towards them. "3...2...1... And GO!" Tyle shouted. In a flash they swam at super speed out to the open, slamming into the sea animals for the Rise along the way. A squid around 10-30 metres tall grabbed Eleanor with one of its tentacles.
"AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH HEEEELLLLLLPPP, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!" Eleanor screamed and screamed. Logan and Tyler were each fighting their own obstacles but couldn't bear hearing her cry and then; who knew what would happen to her.
"Uuuuuh!" Logan slammed a small angler fish onto the hard ocean floor and swam towards Eleanor. Thirsty and tired he slammed his fist in front of a vicious sting ray. Buzzes of lighting flew around him, and then the lights went out, he fell onto the ocean floor unconscious.
"Logan!" Eleanor screamed even more, still entangled in the creature. She shook as hard as she could and then froze. I must remain calm, Eleanor thought to her self. It looked like she was losing the fight, the squid was choking her and slowly swallowing her but by bit.
"Mph!" She tried to cry, but rammed the squid even harder, releasing the squid's grip. One more punch and she rolled down and landed hard on the sea floor beside Logan.
"El, Logan! Are you guys okay?" Tyle managed to shout over the commotion. No answer. He too, was speechless and unable to talk anymore. A tight tentacle was wrapped around his mouth just like Eleanor's.
"Mm mph!" Was all he managed before, the lights went out in him as well.
"Tyle! Logan!" Eleanor shrieked, the tentacles wrapped more around her. Darkness was closing in and in. Morning was here but not one peek of light was revealed. Everything remained dark.
   The animals from the Rise was slowly returning back even though it was still pitch black out there. Each animal helped drag the trio back down to the Rise, more like the Fall. Eleanor was the only one still conscious. They had entered a black hole, but in water not space. There was not s single drop of water there and each sea animal transformed shape. No longer animals of the Rise but beings of the Fall. Eleanor's wails filled the empty tunnel with echoes until they reached a narrow hallway. Where there's a hallway, there should be rooms.
    The Beings carefully placed her into a casket. Other Beings placed Loganand Tyle in glass cases. Eleanor's wails slowly dies out into small and quick breaths. The Beings, as called, are exactly like the people from the Zones. Exactly like, humans in a way. A being whacked a rock against her head which forced her into a deep sleep.
"Uh" Logan woke up slowly. He was still dizzy from the fall but he was okay to sit up. Bang! He banged his head on the case, groaned and lied back down. Where am I , what is this place and what in the swaggin' fish world are those people? He thought. He was placed in a room with weird electrical wires every where with screens of all sorts.
   The non-water room wasn't that surprising since his house is the same; people in Zone 3 can breathe underwater and also not in water. It's called multi breathing.
   Suddenly, a he felt an abrupt pang in his chest. He didn't save Eleanor, he didn't save Tyle. Logan could've at least saved someone, at least. Where are his friends? Please let them be safe!
   His head still couldn't quite return to its former feeling, but slowly it does. The door banged open for a start, waking him from his blurry vision. A Being wearing a blue mask entered the room with a tool in one hand. The Being walked towards him and cracked open the case lifting Logan out without uttering a single sound.
"Who are you?" He said. The Being didn't reply but just nodded towards the door, asking him to follow her. The Being was a she, he could tell by the long wavering red hair down her back, swinging. He couldn't stop looking at her. The motion of the hair and the dark emerald eyes from behind the mask.
   Stop! He told himself, he mustn't think about her. She waved her hand and pointed her to a door to her left. Logan peeked from behind the girl's body. In front of him lies a room.  The door said Called the 2: Eleanor Cherelson