Chapter 4: Quest to Nowhere

The four colonies, each with their system. The four colonies, Nefarious, Benefatiant, Lucent and Enigmatic. Each colony has an Elder Circle. Their source of power. Planet N.E.L.B. and its history are not known to anyone apart from the Called, the Inhabitants nor the heads, know the detailed information apart from the brief information.
"He is definitely a Called, and maybe his friends too, we must find him, NOW!" Head Steph said to his colleagues.
"The time has come."
...
"Any ideas where?" Logan asked. The other two shrugged. They had no idea where to go. Each of them sighing, Eleanor said, "Personally, I would check the Head's office. It's a good place to start."
"Great idea!" Tyle exclaimed, nudging Logan to follow him as they swam to the Room.
"Why is it called the Room?" Logan asked looking at the embroiled sign displaying THE ROOM.
"Ssssssshhhhhhhh!" Eleanor shushed him, "There might be other unenslaved people. You don't know."
For the next few minutes they waited for any noise. Nothing.
"I don't think there is anyone in there, let's go in" Tyle said. They sneaked in the office. Everything was completely shocking.
"What the swaggin' fish is that?" Tyle swore, pointing to the weird telescreen showing the N.E.L.B Symbol.
"No idea" Eleanor breathed. Her short pigtailed hair wavered around in the water. The screen showed a circle with inscriptions carved on it 'tquiah evenito nhorae svocati'.
"It's in some kind of language!" Logan estimated.
"Yeah, we only speak, what, only like one language" Tyle frowned, try to decipher the message.
"No, I think it is a code" Eleanor suddenly said after her moment of thought.
"No way! It has to be a language El, you look around the room for clues about their language not code and just don't think I'm a smart alec or anything..." Logan said.
"Yeah? Trying to modest at the time like now!" Tyle disagreed, "no, we should crack out the code!"
While the to guys argued like sissies, Eleanor felt something soft under the hard wooden table.
"Hey guys! I think I've found something!" El exclaimed. Underneath the table was a clump of fur.
"Really?!" Said both Logan and Tyle. Sadly, they were still not on right terms.
"I think it is more than a cloth, or fur, there is something written on it, I'm not sure what!" Continued Eleanor, "No one interrupt for a second, it says, as I can make out, 'This is over, this is over, this is over... And it continues for five more times, that's eight times!"
"Hmmmm" Logan thought. There must be something to do with the number eight, there just have to be and what is it to do with 'This is over, this is over...' What is over? All these thoughts bugged him so much that he let out a small cry.
"Hey, what's wrong?" said Tyle, trying to be on right terms with him.
"I'm fine, just a headache," he reassured Tyle and patted his shoulder.
"Ummm guys... Look!" Eleanor suddenly cried out loud. The Telescreen changed what it was showing. It is now showing a small video, more like a warning. 'N.E.L.B. in danger! N.E.L.B IN DANGER! ATTACK ON LUCENT FROM NEFARIOUS AND ENIGMATIC TEAMED. LUCENT IN DANGER. N.E.L.B. IS SPLITTING EVERYTHING IS OVER, OVER, OVER. The word over was also repeated eight times. What was with the number eight? Logan just could not get it.
"Hey guys..." He asked as he looked away from the screen.
To quickly shorten the discussion up, I shall recite it like this:
Logan: What the!? The number eight is repeated, well the phrase was repeated eight times.
Tyle: I swear I have no idea, what is N.E.L.B. and the other thingamjijs?
El: I only know that N.E.L.B. is the planet we are living on, didn't you guys know that?
Logan and Tyle: And that's it! What is Nefarious, Enigmatic and Lucent?
El: The Zones, and we also have a head start on the clues, you never know who else are awake not enslaved.
The trio quickly gathered their clues; a bunch of fur and other equipment like water and food for daily basis. They sneaked back out the office and towards the Clearing.
"I still think there are more clues in there" Eleanor pouted like a child, "we should definitely go back and check.
"Next destination Miss know it all?" Tyle smirked and completely ignoring what she just said.
"Anyone heard of the Zones, well of course you ALL have, only an idiot wouldn't. We all live in one. Come on guys, shouldn't we just stay in there for a while. It could be a safe haven for us!" she shot back. Logan was liking this scene very much and was hoping they kept on fighting since Tyle and Eleanor are fighting.
"Sorry El, just a bit nervous that's all" Tyle apologised after he realised that he said a bit too much.
"It's fine, I'm also very nervous, It's not every day we get to go on a mission or something, we do have strict orders, I just do hope the other Zones aren't like this." Eleanor explained.
"I only know that there are four Zones each representing an element and ours is water. Im also guessing that each zone probably has a source of power to keep it running." Logan added.
There was something more he wanted to say, but something from his mind controlling him wouldn't allow it. Something about the Called.
"Let's get out of here. Let's explore outside our Zone." He said simply when no one could say anything.
"No way Logan! We would all get... Caught!" Tyle refused shaking his head and staring at Logan.
"Caught? Really? Like we are going to get caught in this abandoned and enslaved place!" Logan objected back.
"I say we should do it, I mean it would be fun wouldn't it?" Eleanor interrupted giving both the boys a stare.
So they did. The trio had finally decided to follow the light, thinking that where the light comes from would be the surface. And the surface meant breaking to another Zone.
"I'm sooooooo dumb!" Eleanor suddenly cried out, "The surface! The surface is above us, therefore we are meant to be swimming up not forwards! I am sooooooo dumb!"
The other two smacked their foreheads. In class they had learnt about surfaces that they were mostly on the top or the outside; around something. They looked around them and realised the beauty that were just in front of their eyes. The blue and crystal clear waters were just suitable for their adventure. Hundreds and thousands of fish swam past them, blowing bubbles all around them giving a gentle upwards push.
"How adorable!" Tyle gushed leaning forward to touch a little clown fish. Logan had to use part of his strength to muster a giggle from escaping. It was just too hilarious for him or even the 'Clown' fish. They were on this mission and all his friend could care about was fish.
Oh and you would probably say; me too.
"So what do we do now?" Asked Tyle who pretty much had no idea of their plan.
"We wait and see. Only of course if you've heard of this Zone's other inhabitants," Eleanor stated matter-of-factly as they all stood there, floating in the middle of the Zone. Waiting.
Things weren't all that pretty though. Night slowly started to creep up behind day. Enveloping the light and puking out the darkness.
Everyone in Zone 3 knew that nighttime was the worst time of the day. The dark sea animals of the deep can rise from their slumber and rise above. The Rise. And they were just above it.