Chapter 4: Click, Click

School ended, that's it. Seven hours of constant hell. I remembered that father told me that I was walking home, which was a long ways away. At least I could remember that. I began to walk, when I felt something was wrong. The atmosphere was heavy, too heavy, as in if there was somebody watching me and I should know. Whipping my head around, trying to look for something off, when I noticed a figure staring at me from an ally way. It's face was covered with a black substance and it had pointy horns at the top of it's head. Obviously, it wasn't human, so I just stood there and stared at it, observing it's features there were visible to me. It was only a few short moments until it went away and into the alley. 

"Strange," I thought as I peered into the ally way. Just as I did, I instantly found that the floor was entirely made of the same black substance on the thing earlier. Cautiously, I made my way though the floor of ink to see what was beyond. I tried hard not to tread too loudly, however, something had come behind me and knocked me out. I shouldn't have gone into the ally way.

I woke up, not even what felt to be a few minutes later, to find myself laying on wooded floorboards. Instantly, I sat up and took a look around the room. Turns out, I was inside of an old animation studio,

"Hello?" I called out. "Is anyone-" Out of nowhere, there was a scurrying noise, as in if somebody had run off. "Who's there?!" 

There was no answer. The only response was silence, and I somehow didn't mind.

I wandered around the area, wanting to see more. There were multiple posters around; "The Dancing Demon," "Lil' Devil Darlin'" and a bunch more. There was a blank projector playing and right next to where the screen was, there was a cardboard cutout of some sort of cartoon character that was clearly half a foot taller than me. The character seemed familiar to me, it's cartoon eyes burning through my eyes and into my memory. Inside of myself, I could feel something click- a faint memory opened to me like a locked door finally revealing light.