Chapter 3

Vote and leave comments, guys. For Andy and his seagulls :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got home a little past midnight as Andy had been talking to me. I couldn't believe what he'd said or what he'd done. How could Andy Biersack have kissed me and said I was pretty? He must have been joking, right? Nobody ever said that to me, so why would he? I stepped inside the house and saw two very angry parents waiting for me. 

“What the hell..?” I said under my breath as they stared me down. 

“Where have you been?!” My mom exclaimed as I narrowed my eyes at her. 

“I went out...why?” She didn't sound caring, just furious. 

“Where?” My dad chipped in. Looked like he was sober for a change. I rolled my eyes and answered them. 

“At a concert. I left a note on the fridge.” I told them. 

“And you thought that was fine, did you?” My mom raged, her mouth twitching. 

“Yes, actually. When did you two start to give a shit, anyway?” I spat, looking her straight in the eye.

“Rose! Don't talk to your mother like that!” My dad scolded as my mom feigned hurt. I gave a humourless chuckle. 

“Dad, I’m surprised you’re sober. Very well done.” I said sardonically. That was the last straw for my mother apparently. 

She reached out and slapped me across the cheek. I heard the chilling noise of her hand meeting my face before I felt the searing pain. I looked at her, wide eyed. My dad did nothing but my mother had a sort of triumphant glint in her eyes. I shook my head as tears welled up in my eyes. 

“Thanks.” I mumbled, hanging my head low and pushing past them to go to my room. Since when did either of them ever care? I slammed the door to my bedroom, going to my mirror. A red mark was on my cheek and you could make out that it was a hand print. I groaned and closed my eyes, falling onto my bed. One of the best days of my life was just dampened because I’d come home. That made no sense whatsoever. The highlight was meeting Andy which reminded me to check my phone.

A good thing I did because I had a text from him. I swallowed and opened it.

‘Hey, did you get home okay? How are you?
- A x'

I was surprised to read it and as I scanned it over, I built up the courage to reply to it.

'Yeah, I just got home a while ago. I'm not so good.’

I text him back, getting out of my concert clothes and into my pyjamas. I did want to ask him about the kiss but then I thought otherwise. It was obviously meaningless to him. He'd probably done it to a hundred other girls before me.

A few minutes later, my phone vibrated and I expected to see a text but instead it was a call. 

“Andy?” I stammered a little, unsure of how to react.

“The one and only.” I heard the smile in his voice and I relaxed. “I kept my promise.” He said in his low voice. 

“Yeah?” I raised an eyebrow. 

“Yes, I got your text and you said you weren’t okay.  What's wrong?” He asked causing me to laugh – not because it was funny but because I was nervous and shocked that I was speaking to him again.

“See, that's what I want to hear.” The amusement in his voice was evident. “What is it?” He prompted. 

“Well...I got home and my parents were waiting for me.” I said, planning on leaving the other parts out.