Chapter 10

Warning: The following scene contains themes of sexual assualt which may be triggering for some readers.

I pulled my jacket tighter around me as I walked down the road, feeling the cold air. I glanced at the time on my phone and it read a little after half past two. I didn't want to be in that house with Andy and his accusing looks. As if I didn't feel bad enough already! It was never meant to happen and he knew this but he took it upon himself to question me and act like it was his business. Everything I thought about Lauren, I'd kept in. I didn't say anything to Andy about her because I know he really likes her. He wouldn't go for someone like me when Lauren was like a model. I put my headphones in and skipped over every Black Veil Brides' song in case I would start crying at Andy's voice. He just didn't understand how much I liked him. I sighed and walked into the park, sitting on the bench. I felt my phone vibrate, it was Andy. I groaned and ignored it, not wanting to talk to him.

I was acting like a bitch and I knew it. I didn't even care, Andy kind of deserved it. He always made me feel crap, even though that wasn't his intention, because I knew he would never like me. I honestly didn't want to go back because Andy reminded me of everything I would never have. I sighed and played with the zip on my jacket. My phone vibrated and I grabbed it, thinking it was Andy. I was about to ignore him but then realised it was Ashley. I bit my lip, thinking about answering it. I decided against it and turned my phone off.

I needed to be alone.

*

I'd avoided the house all day and it was dark now. I thought about going back because I knew they would be worried sick about me. I switched my phone on and saw how many missed calls I had. I widened my eyes as I read the little number: 47 missed calls and nearly all of them from Andy. A small part of me wanted to smile but I held it back. I pulled my jacket tighter and began to walk home.

The night air was even colder and I shoved my hands in my pockets. I heard footsteps and shuffling noises. I whipped my head around but nothing was there.

Just an animal, Rose. Relax.

I carried on walking but stopped dead in my tracks.

“You're so pretty.”

That was not an animal. My breathing began to quicken as I looked around me. There wasn't anybody here. I convinced myself that it was my own imagination and resumed walking.

First, I felt a hand on my wrist pressing down on my cuts and then a hand around my mouth. I tried to scream but the noise was muffled.

“Shut your mouth, bitch.” The voice snarled as I got dragged into the alleyway. The sudden realisation of what he was going to do to me loomed over me. I shut my eyes as he took his hand away from my mouth but still had a firm grip on my arm.

I felt a sudden sharp sting across my face, causing me to open my eyes. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

“Please...” I whimpered. The man just smiled.

He ran his leather-clad hand down my face, cupping it. I screamed for help, earning me a blow to the head from him.

“I told you to shut the fuck up!” He said in a deathly voice. 

“Let's try this again, shall we?”

He ran his hand down my face again. I looked away but he grabbed my chin and yanked it towards him.

“Look at me.” He said darkly. I nodded meekly as I looked at him. I cried silently as he had me backed up against a wall. I had nowhere to run.

“Wh-what do you want?” I stuttered, my voice breaking.

“Get down.” He ordered.

“What?”