Chapter 14

“Wh-what?” I stuttered.

“Rose, you're going to have to come with us.” Detective Taylor repeated gently. “We think we've found your attacker.” She informed.

“You think?!” I exclaimed, feeling antsy.

“I know it's not much but we still need you, Rose. You can bring Andy if you want to.” Detective Hunter told me. I nodded mindlessly and right on cue, Sammi had brought Andy who was standing behind me. The rest of the band trailed in after him and I spotted Ashley glare at the two detectives.

“What's this?” Jake questioned.

“They want me to go with them.” I answered. I turned around and looked for my jacket. I felt someone grab my arm and I glanced up.

“Are you going to go?” Andy whispered. I nodded.

“I have to.” I replied.

“Well, I'm coming with you.” He said, his tone adamant. I was about to protest but he was insistent.

“Fine.” I mumbled, hiding the fact that I could do with the support.

“I'll call you, okay?” He faced his band mates who gave me encouraging smiles. Sammi hugged me as did CC. I walked out with Andy and the detectives, getting into the car.

They began to drive to the station and I sighed shakily.

“It'll be fine, okay?” Andy reassured. I nodded wearily, unsure of what to expect. He slipped his hand into mine, squeezing it. He didn't say anything and carried on looking ahead. I smiled briefly as I looked down at our hands.

The police station was in sight and I felt nervous.

I had no idea what to expect.

*

I sat in the holding area, a detective in front of me and Andy beside me. He sat close to me, not speaking but shooting me worried glances every so often.

“We think we've arrested your attacker.” Detective Taylor told me.

“H-How? I didn't see him, it was dark.” I explained.

“Yes but he could be linked to the three other rapes in town.” She said gravely. I nodded, looking at the floor. I caught sight of my left wrist and widened my eyes. Had it really got that bad? I quickly tugged my sleeve down, thinking nobody had noticed.

Andy had.

He gently put a hand on my back, smiling warmly.

“Rose, I need you to tell me what he said that night. I know you have already but it's so we can make sure your statement is one hundred percent accurate.” She said.

“Erm, okay.” I agreed. I was conscious of Andy being in the room and it made me nervous but I couldn't let him leave. This would be the first time he would hear what happened. I took a deep breath and recalled the moments from when I stepped foot out of the door to when I woke up in the hospital. Every single detail made Andy flinch or become outraged.

After I'd finished, he was furious. He got up and paced around the room, his hands in his pockets. He didn't say anything to me and instead focused ahead.

“We need you to identify him, Rose. You won't see his face; you'll just hear his voice. Do you think you can do that for me?” Detective Taylor asked softly. I sniffed as I answered.

“I think so.”

“Good, do you want to do it now?”

“You mean, he's here? In this building?” I began to shake a little.