Chapter 4

Guys, vote and fan please!

“Rose, not even for me?” Andy was still on the phone to me, begging me to stop what I was doing.

“Don’t you think I want to? It’s just not that easy.” I tell him, playing with my sleeves.

“I understand that but just tell me you’ll try.”

“Okay.” I agreed, hearing him give me a relieved laugh.

“Rose, I need you to text me your address.” He blurted out.

“What? Why?” I asked, getting worried. 

“Just do it. Please?” I thought about it and shrugged, what's the worst that could happen. 

“Sure.” I spoke, confused as to why he would want it. 

“Great.” He laughed. I glanced at the time and it read a little after three. I'd been talking to Andy for more than two hours although it didn't even seem like it. Right on cue, I heard the front door go followed by shouting. 

“Andy, I have to go. My parents are here.” I sighed, rubbing my eyes. 

“Okay, bye. Remember to text me your address. Have a good evening.” He reminded me. 

“I'm on it. Bye.” I ended the call and quickly texted him my address. I smiled when he'd text me back telling me that I was amazing. All of a sudden, I heard a crash from downstairs. I rushed down but wished I hadn't.

My mother was standing by the table, tears pouring out of her eyes. My father was continuously throwing things onto the floor, breaking glasses and plates. Nearly half the kitchen was trashed and my mom watched with wide eyes. 

“What the fuck are you staring at?!” My dad spat. He wasn’t drunk. 

“What the hell are you doing?!” I wasn't scared of him, I didn't have a reason to be. 

“Go on, tell your daughter!” That was directed at my mom. I looked at her but she just cut her eyes at me.

“Tell me what?” I asked, looking weary. 

“That your mother's a whore!” He threw another plate at the wall, narrowly missing my mom's head. She didn't flinch, though. She grinded her teeth and looked at me with disgust. 

“Mom?” I looked at her but turned my head away as I saw the look in her eyes. 

“You know what? I don't even want to see you here. Just go.” She turned her back on me and I widened my eyes. I hadn't even done anything! I looked at the scene before me and shook my head.

My parents were ridiculous and this was the last time I'd let them speak to me like that. 

“No, I won't. Where do you guys get off talking to me like that? I'm your daughter! I try to be how you want me to be but you're never happy! Am I just one big fucking disappointment to you?!” I yelled, getting angrier by the second. 

“You little bitch...” My dad lunged at me but I moved out the way. 

“No, you cannot hurt me anymore. I'm fucking done. Every single day, you kick me when I'm down and I just take it. I hope that things will get better, but they don't. You just get worse and I can't take it.”

I did something then that I knew I'd regret but they had to know.

They had to know what they were doing to me.

I couldn’t take it anymore. No.

 I took a deep breath and pulled one of my sleeves up, showing them my concealed secret.

“This,” I pointed to my scarred arms, “is because of you. You haven’t even noticed and I’ve realised that you don’t fucking care. You're supposed to be my parents but you don't have a maternal bone in your fucking body.” I spat, my voice low and deadly serious. 

“You suicidal freak.” My mother looked at me with a hard gaze, causing my eyes to water. “No wonder you don't have any friends. You're a mess, Rose.” I thought back on what Samantha had told me earlier. My own mother was just repeating what she'd said and that pained me. My dad just stood there, shock present on his face. I don’t think he’d realised how serious this had gotten.

“Mom...” I looked at her, tears streaming down my face. I didn’t want her to hate me, she was still my mother after all. Couldn’t she understand that?

“You're not my daughter, Rose. Don't call me that.” She said in a steely tone. I flinched, taking a step back. 

I ran up the stairs, tears flooding my face. I grabbed my bag and began filling it with clothes, essentials, anything I could find in my room. I couldn't stay here anymore. I knew my actions would have consequences but I'd never have expected that. I cried as I thought about all the memories I would be leaving. I wiped my eyes as I concluded that they were all false.

My mom hated me, she didn’t want me anymore. 

I sniffed as I thought about where I was going to go. The time was 4:45pm which meant I'd had a few hours of daylight left. I wanted to leave when it was dark so it would be harder for them to find me, but I doubted they would even notice the fact that I was missing. I zipped up my bag and fell onto my bed, crying into my pillow.

Suicidal freak, she had called me... 

*

It was half-past seven, and I carefully crept out of my room. My parents had screamed themselves out and I'd heard all of it. They'd argued about me, about money, about everything. They hadn't stopped until I heard my dad walk out, I didn't hear where he was going but I presumed it was a bar.
I slowly went down the stairs, stepping over the creaky parts. I slipped out undetected and walked down the street, looking over my shoulder, knowing that I was going to be leaving it all behind.

I walked over to the seating area and sat on one of the benches, taking my phone out. I had to call Andy, there wasn't anybody else. I didn’t have anyone else. I had no other family or friends so Andy was my best bet. I dialled his number and took a deep breath. 

“Yeah?” He answered, sounding tired. 

“Andy? It's Rose.” I cleared my throat, speaking a little louder. It was slightly eerie being the only person outside. 

“Oh, hey. Are you okay?” He asked worriedly. 

“Not really, no.” I bit my lip to stop myself from crying. 

“What's wrong?” He started to get a little panicked and if I wasn't so upset, I would have laughed. 

“I can’t stay at home anymore, Andy. I’m done.”