Chapter 7

“You do know, then?” I pestered Ashley.

“Yeah, he told us a few weeks back.” I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

“Wait, if he told you a few weeks back, then it doesn't add up. He told me that he'd been thinking about the night of the gig and how he kissed me but why would he say that if he's got a girlfriend?” I asked.

“You kissed each other?” Ashley smirked.

“Yes, long story.” I replied.

“Maybe he was...lying?” He suggested carefully, eyeing my reaction. I thought about it and realised that he must have been.

“Wow, yeah. You're right...”

“No, I could be wrong but all I do know is that he does seem to care about you so don't lose hope.” He smiled.

“Why did CC tell Andy that 'his girlfriend was here' when I came in if you all knew about his real one?” I looked at Ashley who fidgeted in his seat.

“From what we've heard, she's a bit...well, she's not like you.”

“Isn't that a good thing?” I scoffed.

“No, of course not! She's all pink and fluffy and...” Just then, Andy walked in followed by Jake, CC and Jinxx.

“Don't stop on my account.” Andy muttered under his breath. I glared at his back and Ashley smirked. I hit him on the shoulder as they all got ready to practice.

They started to play some of their older songs to warm up but during the third song, it didn't sound exactly...right.

“Andy, what are you doing?” Jake asked. “Have you forgotten the words to your own song?” He laughed.

“No, sorry. From the top.” He replied. I heard the first few bars of Saviour for the second time and as Andy began to sing, he gripped the microphone really tightly, his knuckles turning white.

“So hear my voice, reminds you not to bleed...”

He stared right at me, singing the words, emotion in his eyes. Andy didn't hesitate as he sang the song, not messing up once or looking away from me. It was as if his eyes were just fixed on me. I glanced down at my scarred wrists. A more recent cut that had been made was red and angry and as I looked at it, hot tears filled my eyes. I tugged my sleeves down as I realised that no music was being played. I looked up, a little hesitant, as five pairs of eyes were on me.

“Er, Rose?” Jinxx began, looking wary.

I glared at Andy again, causing him to stiffen. He knew what he was doing when he was singing to me and the rest of the band had caught on too. I was so pissed off at him even when I knew I shouldn't be. I got up and let out a breath, plastering on a fake smile.

“You practice, I'll be upstairs.” I turned to go but Ashley called out my name.

“I'll be back.” He placed his guitar on the floor with care and followed me up to my room. He closed the door behind him, sitting on the bed.

“What was all that about?” Ashley asked, playing with the fabric of the duvet. “No, wait, let me guess. Was it because Andy was singing to you?”

“Yes, I just...” I rubbed my temples, joining him on the bed. “I hate being mad at Andy. All he's done is be nice to me.” I said, sighing.

“Then don't be mad at him?” He suggested, a hint of a smile in his voice.

“It's not that simple. He kissed me while having a girlfriend and in my book, that isn't okay.” I replied.

“Listen, kid. I'm not saying his actions were right but just talk to him about it. He'll listen to you.” Ashley advised. I nodded, smiling.