-three-

Day 3

“Bella!” Calum called from behind me. “Wait up!”

“Yes?” I expectantly asked while raising one eyebrow, a trick my brother had taught me.

“What are you doing after school?” He asked, slightly out of breath from running to catch up to me.

“Um,” I pause to think about my schedule. “Nothing, why?”

“I have some people I want you to meet.” He smiled, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

I bit my lip. “I’m not sure, people and I don’t really mix.”

“Please?” He pouted, actually pulling off the oh-so-familiar puppy dog face.

“Fine, but this is only a onetime thing.” I crossed my arms over my chest, staring at the huge prison, also known as school, as it began to loom over us, the cloudy sky making it even more ominous than usual.

“We’ll see,” He smirked, leading me into the building.

We walked in silence for a few moments before he decided to break it again.

“What’s your first class?” He asked.

“Math with Arnold,” I scrunched my nose in disgust while he laughed. “It sucks.”

“Well, I say it’s time for me to start walking you to class if I’ll be seeing you every morning.” He grinned, leading me down the correct hallway.

“Well, thanks for walking me.” I awkwardly say, alternating my weight between my feet.

“No problem, it was my pleasure.” He laughed, squeezing me into a quick hug before rushing down the hallway as the warning bell rang.

I quietly laughed to myself as he speeded up, almost hitting a wall when he turned around to send me a wave.

“What a dork.”

-|-|-

Just like the two days before Calum met me in the library, taking a bite out of his apple as he sat across from me.

“How was math?” He asked, barking out a laugh as I made a face of disgust. “I guess that means it wasn’t good.”

“It’s more of the fact that Ms. Arnold is the definition of a bitch. I mean, she literally goes out of her way to make kids feel uncomfortable and isn’t that kind of the opposite of what school is supposed to do?” I rolled my eyes, thinking back to first block.

“I know what you mean I had her last semester. She almost gave me a detention for chewing gum because, apparently, I was being a distraction to the class.” He shared his story.

“I’m just surprised she hasn’t been fired.” I honestly say, pulling a random book out of my backpack.

“Oh no, no, no, we’re talking. You can read later.” Calum quickly snatches the book out of my grasp.

“But it’s my favorite.” I whine, leaning forward to try and grab it back.

“But I need my daily dose of lunchtime Bella.” He whined, holding the book farther away from me.

“But I need my daily dose of lunchtime reading.” I mock him, attempting one more time to take the book back.

“Please?

“I won’t come with you after school if you don’t give it back.” I held out my hand as he hesitantly placed the book in my open palm, pouting as I let out a quiet sound of celebration.