-nine-

Day 9

“Good morning, my dear Bella.” Calum smiled, standing up from where he had been sitting on the front stoop.

“Morning Cal.” I smiled, stepping into his outstretched arms.

“You’re in a really good mood today,” He noted on the walk to school. “I know it’s not going to be for school.”

“Not necessarily,” I smiled again. “In art today we’re getting a local artist to speak, and she has a gallery thing tonight.”

“Is it Shawna Jeffrey?”

“You know her?” I ask, confused.

“Kind of, she was in some book club thing with my mom.”

I just nodded, unsure of how to respond as he held the front door to the school open for me. We stayed quiet for a little while, squeezing through the crowded hallways with his arm slung over my shoulder.

“Bella!” I turned at the sound of my voice, colliding with Calum’s chest by accident.

“Ow,” We groaned at the same time, I looked up to see him rubbing his chest as I rubbed my nose.

“Wow,” Aubrey remarked, standing next to us. “I’ve never seen something quite so awkward and cute at the same time.”

“Did you need something?” Calum asked, groaning when I lightly hit his chest and shot him a look.

“I need to talk to Bella,” She raised her eyebrows, almost as if she was challenging him. 

“I need to walk with Bella.” He retorted, pulling me into his chest as he stuck his tongue out.

“Stop hogging Bella.” She whined, grabbing my arm and attempting to pull me out of his embrace.

“No,” He pulled me back. “Mine.”

“She’s not your slave.” Aubrey whined, still trying to help me escape from his arms.

“She might be.”

“Ooh, kinky.” Aubrey winked, causing Calum to relax his muscles long enough to pull me away and run down the hallway, Calum following soon after.

“Hurry up!” Aubrey exclaimed, towing me through the mass of students standing around.

“You’re dragging me, there’s not much I can do!” I retort, pulling my hand away and rubbing the pinkish skin.

“Oh shit, did I do that? I’m so sorry, Bella, I didn’t mean to.” She frowned, sadness invading her body language.

“Its fine, you didn’t mean to. It’s not the worst thing I’ve had to deal with.” I tugged the sleeve of my sweater over the skin, praying Calum wouldn’t notice.

“Still, I feel horrible. How about I do your homework for the rest of the week?”

“Aubrey,” I begin. “Today is Thursday, and no one gives out homework on Friday.”

“Well… Shit, I didn’t realize. What if I add next week?”

“Starting Wednesday its Spring Break.” I remind her.

“Fine, then what can I do?”

“Bake me a cake.” I joke, smiling at the lanky male who’s finally rejoined us.

“Who’s baking who a cake?” Calum asked, pulling me to the side as the warning bell rings and students begin to flood the hallway.

“Doesn’t matter, where did you go?”