-eight-

Day 8

“Where were you this morning?” Calum asked as he slid into his usual seat across from me in the library.

“Why? Did you miss me?” I teased, a hint of a smirk tugging at my lips.

“Yes, but where were you? Gabe said you weren’t coming today.”

I rolled my eyes, “I had an orthodontist appointment at 8. There was no point coming in for half an hour just to leave and come back again.”

“Oh,” He mumbled to himself. “Well, I did miss you. God, I sound clingy.”

“You’re lucky you’re cute.” I inform him, taking a bite out of my apple before turning my attention partially to the book in front of me.

“You put the book away for me yesterday, why not today, too?” He whined, poking my cheek like a small child.

“Because you weren’t annoying yesterday.”

“Excuse you; I’m a delight to be around.” He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I’d like to meet one person who could agree with that statement.” I teased, my lips forming into a small smiled.

“Bitch.” He mumbled.

“Asshole.”

“Cu-”

“Okay, okay, you win.” I cut him off, placing my hands over his mouth.

“What? Something wrong with the word cu-”

“Yes, there is.” I glare at him.

“What’s wrong with saying cuddle?” He whined, giggling at my look of shock.

“Well?” He asked. “What’s wrong with asking for a little cuddle time?”

I rolled my eyes and picked up my book, groaning as a few papers tumbled out from between the pages.

“What this?” Calum asked, unraveling a random paper.

“I don’t know, you tell me.” I shrug, shoving the rest of the papers to the bottom of my bag.

“Oh, it’s a bucket list!” He cheered, blushing when Ms. Adams shushed him.

“Nice going, Cal,” I can practically feel the sarcasm drip off my tongue.

“Sorry not everyone can woe people with their beauty.” He mumbled, which I chose not to address because I don’t think it was for my ears.

“So, back to the bucket list,” He waves the aforementioned paper in the air. “I see you only have two things left.”

“Really?” I ask, thinking I had completed all of it.

“Yep, all that’s left is to get a tattoo and travel to Europe.” He looked up from beneath his fluffy fringe. “I can at least guarantee one of those by tonight.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, where do you think I got my tattoo done?”

“You have a tattoo?!” I gasp, my eyes widening.

“Yeah, you haven’t seen it?” He asked, pulling down the top of his singlet a tiny bit to show me the bold MMXII he had printed on his chest.

“No, but that is hot- I mean, it looks nice.” I caught myself, my cheeks presumably the color of a tomato.

“Hot, eh?” Calum leaned closer, his breath surprisingly minty.

“Maybe a little bit.” I flutter my eyelashes, pecking his cheek before darting away as the bell rang.